Chapter 1 Into the Woods

Chapter 1 Into the Woods

A Chapter by smarvin45

September 8 1978
The beautiful noise of the wind whistling in the trees brings me back to it every time. I can only see the mediocre trees from my cell window, poor looking and underfed. I hear the screaming of tortured inmates, as the guards look for answers. I wonder when I will be the one everyone hears. I should probably tell you what got me here, so here goes...........
May 19 1967
It was raining, I remember because my father's blood mixed with the ground water, soaking in between leaves, and small grasses. The sniper's bullet had bitten through his jacket and his lungs, as his breathing was soon followed by blood. I grabbed on to him and looked toward the direction of the bullet and saw headlights coming closer, probably a Jeep to get to us this far in the woods. We had been running for days, evading mysterious officers, and using the wildlife to protect us. I dragged his body to the brook as tears criss-crossed on my cheeks. "Son, this is what they want. Leave me here and run," my dad stumbled out painfully, blood staining his lips. "Why? Why were we running, is it because of the foreclosure?," my dads eyes began to flicker as he rustled in his jacket pulling out a box," Tell me why dad, tell me!" "Run...." he said as he handed me the box. It was a felt one, almost like a jewelry box. I looked down one last time to see my father dead, and ran, dissapearing into the woods, with a  box and package that would prove far too powerful for leverage, that my control was almost limitless. I held up in a cave and opened up the box and damn near fainted....
September 8 1978
The food in this prison is about as good as half digested fox meat, taken from a bear's stomach. Trust me I have tried that too. The guards peer along the rows of criminals, but they look at me definitely the most. Is it because they know who I am, with my name on the news for almost ten years, with breaking headlines, about them "Almost Closing In on the Menace", and all of my world movements were talked about, even if they only saw someone with the same hair color and height, he would be arrested and questioned. Well it was a very important item, one that could change the world.


© 2011 smarvin45


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on July 30, 2011
Last Updated on July 30, 2011


Author

smarvin45
smarvin45

Orlando, FL



About
Love to write, read, and learn! more..

Writing
The Long Way The Long Way

A Story by smarvin45


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by smarvin45