Weasle, part 2

Weasle, part 2

A Story by Mason Watts
"

Second part of Weasle.

"
The next morning was almost the same. I started walking to school thinking of Weasle and saw her walking out of her house towards the sidewalk. I walked in front of her house and waited for her.
"Hey," I said quietly waiting for a response.
"Umm, hi." That was all she said. she came onto the sidewalk wearing the same thing that she was wearing yesterday. It was almsot the exact thing. Even the tabboggan that she was wearing was the same. she came on the sidewalk and scrached her arms, rubbing the sleeve of her jacket on the top of her arms. She didn't stop walking as she came on the sidewalk so I had to jump into step quickly as she went. Again she didn't look happy with the deep, sorrowful look in her eye. Her eyes were heavy with black circles under them like she hadn't slept in days. She intrigued me to say the least. I had so many questions and I wanted to be here friend but it seemed like she didn't want one or need one.
We walked down the sidewalk in scilence as I tried to think of something to say but it all seemed so..... stupid. I had asked her all the questions I could think of. yesterday as we had walked to school and after school. I didn't really have anything to say and I didn't want to repeat myself. I felt foolish not to say anything but I didn't want to look like a broken record repeating myself over and over.
We reached the school and I finally got some relief. she walked away towards her locker and I went to mine which, thank God, were on opposite sides of the hall. I reached in and got my books then went to my homeroom.
I went through my classes one by one thinking of Weasle and trying not to look to destracted. She was in everyone one of my classes and I couldn't stop thinking that I was staring at her. during second period the teacher called my name but I was oblivious to it. I was looking straight at Weasle. The only thing that woke me from my day dreaming was when Weasle looked straight at my face. While I was staring at her. My first reaction was to turn away then my face turned bright red. The teacher was saying something to me but, again, I was oblivious to it.
Crap, I was looking straight at her and when she looked I turned away. That means she knows that I was looking at her and that means that she might think-
"Mr. Bale!" I looked up at the teacher, Mrs. Taplin the english teacher. Her face looked stern.
"Straight to the office." she said with a do-it-now tone. I stood with my face growing even redder and walked out the door.
Things got, well, worse if you had asked me fifteen years ago but today I see that that moment was the changing point in Weasles' and my realationship.
I walked into the lunch room from the office and sat at the empty table close to the back of the room. I sat there for some time and read a book that I had with me and at my lunch quietly. I was sitting peacefully and then she came over. Weasle sat down right beside me at the lunch table. Not in front but beside me.
"Why were you looking at me?" It was as simple as that. I realize now that that is just her personality, she doesn't like "beating around the bush." She was just a straight foward type of person.
"I uhhhh...." was the only thing that I could mutter out of my mouth. I started blushing again, and I felt stupid for it.
"Do you think I'm.... pretty?" It was the most acward question that she could have possibly asked at that moment, and she said it like she wasn't the least timid. I couldn't beleive my ears.
"well, I guess, I mean, you know in the sense that...." I just stopped. I was being a complete idiot. Weasle, no Gabriela, looked at me right in the eyes as I sat quiet. As soon as I was about to say something she stood up and walked away. That left me almost paralized. It was like she either didn't have time for me or decided that she wasn't going to talk anymore. It made me kind of mad, which was the real stupid thing. I sat for a second then stood abruptly and went after her. She walked out the doors of the cafeteria. the doors closed but I quickly pushed them open again and followed her closely. She walked briskly and then opened the doors of the gymnasium and walked in. I followed her in and finally ran and caughte up to her.
"Hey," I said as I ran up and grabbed her shoulder. She turned around suddenly and, with all of her might, swung a clenched fist straight at my abdomen.
The breath that was in my lungs rushed out in a whoosh of air. I coughed a few times then fell to the ground.
The only thing that was really stuck in my head at that moment was the still image of Weasle's face. It was a picture of horror and distress at the same time. Frear and something almost like wonder. For a moment I thought I was going to pass out but the feeling soon passed as I fell to the gym floor.
"A-re you okay? I didn't mean-!" Weasle said kneeling beside me.
It seemed that every time that I was around Weasle I felt like a fool or an idiot. I used to be so worried about my image and impressing her that I didn't think about how it really looked. At times it did look worse than I thought but others I didn't look like a complete fool, maybe just a small one.
I layed on the floor for what seemed like quite a while and finally sat up, praying and hoping that tears wouldn't come. Wealse helped me sit up, which didn't help me not feel like a fool.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hit you so hard." She said again. It was like she couldn't appologize enough. I said it was fine and that I didn't mean to scare her.
"Oh, you didn't scare me. I just thought that..." She let her words trail off seeing that there was no point in saying them. I stood up slowly still holding back the tears. She had hit me really hard. The bruise afterward was huge and tender to the touch. I remember hardly being able to reach up my arms. that girl had some punch.
When we were both on our feet she started scratching her arms again, pushing the black striped jacket up and down across her arm. She was looking down at the wooden floor of the gym trying not to make eye contact with me. I couln't tell if her arms really itched or if she was doing that out of nervous habbit. It confused me. She confused me.
"Well, I guess I should get going. I'll see you later." I started to walk to the gym when she grabbed my shoulder. I turned around to see what she was wanting.
"Yeah?" I asked. then the most odd, aberrant, shocking thing that has ever happened to me in my life happened in an istant. And, to be truthfull, has only happened once. I am almost nervous telling you about this event that happened but I would say that it was a very crutial point in our realationship as friends and maybe even more important to the future that would come a few years later. So I will tell it, but hesitantly.
As I turned around to speak Weasle had come close and well, kissed me. Thats right she kissed me. And I know from the way that I was talking not three sentences ago you would think that this kiss would be on my lips buy my fellow reader, you are wring. She mearly kissed my cheek. Now I know that that might not have been as exiting as you would have liked but still. It had to have been told and I am always cautios when I tell this part of my story to anyone for as I have said this was a very crutial moment in our realationship. Now I am not sure if this kiss was supposed to land upon my lips and Weasle just perhaps missed or if Weasle had planned it that way. I wouldn't know, Gabriela has never told me the truth of the event. But, I will continue the story.
When, after what I thought to be over at least a few minuets, Wealse finally stood back from her position from the kiss. When Weasle had asked me before if I thought she was pretty and I thought that that was acward then I don't know how to describe the moment after the kiss. And it didn't help that she turned around and sprinted away from me.
the rest of the day was a long one.

© 2010 Mason Watts


Author's Note

Mason Watts
Tell me everything I can improve on or fix, and you may point out grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So is this the end? Cause if it is it's a cute little story I guess, but too long to justify two seperate parts. Also I suggest you work less on describing her sad eyes and whatnot and more on character development. I mean, why is he is into her?

Posted 13 Years Ago


okay so is it sooooo bad that no one will tell me that it is bad or so good that no one will dare tell me.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 16, 2010
Last Updated on January 16, 2010

Author

Mason Watts
Mason Watts

Rock Hill, SC



About
I'm a thirteen year old writer, hoping that someday that he will become a young accomplished writer with a lot of novel published and even more un-published. I have friends but none have a great (or g.. more..

Writing
Headline Headline

A Story by Mason Watts


Bells Bells

A Poem by Mason Watts