The beauty of the baby bump

The beauty of the baby bump

A Story by liker

The beauty of the baby bump: Pregnant female form captured in series of photographs showing glowing mothers to be in the nude

A group of pregnant women proud of their growing curves have bared all for a nude photo shoot just weeks before their due date.

The celebratory pictures show off the curves and glowing skin of confident ladies up to 36 weeks pregnant who have all been photographed naked.

Some are captured standing sideways cupping their breasts while others are photographed lying down with tousled hair and pointing their toes elegantly.

The stunning images were captured by professional photographer and mother-of-three, Sandi Ford, 35, who has been running her studio in Ealing, West London for four years.

The women pictured work in sectors such as law, banking and media.

A client covering her breasts, with ethereal accessories

(Image:red bridesmaid dresses uk)

The images demonstrate a growing trend for professional women to capture the special time in their lives when their body goes through incredible changes - in the nude.

'I love maternity sessions because they show pregnancy can be sexy,' Sandi Ford tells MailOnline.

'Having been pregnant three times previously I never wanted to show my body, I felt quite unattractive and I know a lot of pregnant women share this feeling. Sometimes that "glow" just doesn't happen, at least not that we can see for ourselves.

'My job is to show that you can be beautiful, sensual and sexy when pregnant. There is nothing to be ashamed of and I really, really enjoy showing mothers-to be's just how gorgeous they look.

'I use various lighting and posing techniques to flatter them and show them at their best. There is no greater feeling for me when a mother-to-be tears up because they just didn't know they could look like that.'

She writes on her website: 'There is something so magical about being pregnant - despite all of the discomfort and niggles.

'You are growing a new life, a unique person, and your body is amazing. I love to celebrate a pregnant woman's body and really show off your beautiful bump.

'Your maternity session is best scheduled for any time in your 32nd-36th week, when your bump is looking gorgeous but before you are feeling too uncomfortable.

'That said, every woman is different and this is just a guideline, you can book as early or as late as you please.'

Her pregnancy photography sessions typically last two hours, and she instructs clients to bring some different outfits. She also suggests they find a professional hair and make up artist to ensure that they look fabulous during their time in front of the lens.

Sandi is a London newborn photography specialist and won the 2012 Top Portrait Photographer award from online magazine, West London Mum.

She describes her style as 'organic, natural and timeless; stunning keepsake images that never go out of fashion'.

Read more:cheap bridesmaid dresses scotland

© 2014 liker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on October 24, 2014
Last Updated on October 24, 2014