Adding a splash of colour!

Adding a splash of colour!

A Story by liker

Adding a splash of colour! Lorde ditches trademark black threads and curly locks for a red tracksuit- inspired ensemble, complete with sweat pants and straight hairstyle

Since she burst onto the music scene last year, black clothes, curly tresses and dark lips have been her trademark.

But singer Lorde has temporarily strayed from her signature look by stepping out with straight locks and a matching red ensemble.

The 18-year-old's subtle style change was for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 press conference in London on Monday.

For her latest appearance, Lorde, real name Ella Yelich-O'Connor, stepped out in a pair of red track pants with a dainty draw string, pulling off the cosy looking bottoms with ease.

She matched the colourful pants with a fitted blazer, complete with large pockets, silver zippers and a delicate silver necklace.

Underneath her casual, yet stylish outfit, the Grammy Award winning artist wore a small black singlet which exposed a small portion of her midriff.

Her curly chocolate locks were straightened and tucked behind her ears, showing off her youthful features and light make-up.

Not so corporate: She matched the colourful pants with a fitted blazer, complete with large pockets and silver zippers

Picture:queenie plus size bridesmaid dresses

Lorde has been helping promote the latest Hunger Games instalment after she personally curated the track list for the soundtrack.

She's contributed vocals to several songs on the record, with her tune Yellow Flicker Beat the first song to be released from the album.

The talented teenager released the single in September, followed by the film clip this month.

The video for the catchy number already has over two million views on YouTube.

On Wednesday the Royals singer took to Instagram to share a rare selfie with the same straight hair, top and necklace previously worn with her red ensemble.

The black and white photo showed the star posing with her hands in her pockets in a singlet gifted by Hart of Dixie actress, Jaime King.

'LONDON GIRL. Wearing my beautiful new NOE bra from @jaime_king,' penned the artist.

'@thegriceisright took this photo and is forcing me post it what can ya do #gratuitousselfie.'

Among her many achievements this year, which include finishing a world tour, Lorde recently experienced a personal event.

The influential hit maker celebrated her 18th birthday on Friday with family and friends in her homeland of New Zealand.

November is a busy month with Ella's sister India Yelich-O'Connor recently turning sweet 16.

For the occasion, Lorde took to Instagram again on Wednesday to celebrate with an old photograph.

The throwback snap shows the singer posing with little sister India and older sister, Jerry Yelich-O'Connor.

'Three little dweebs with wonky haircuts have grown into three slightly taller dweebs with slightly better haircuts,' wrote the chart topping singer.

'And number 3 has a birthday today! Happy sweet 16 to my most caring, cheeky animal-loving sister indy. See you soon, short stack.'

See more at:red bridesmaid dresses

© 2014 liker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on November 13, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014