Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Skyler Lestrange

"I made friends with a lot of people

in the danger zone…"

Alice Cooper

I winced as I heard my Mother screech (or singing, as she calls it) one of those crappy romance ballads from the living room. I literally just walked into the house. I already regretted it. Usually when I came in to hear her 'singing' she was drunk, meaning I was to have an uneasy night. I had to stay up usually and make sure that she didn't do anything stupid. She often tried to kill herself. But I don't see why I even bothered. I wanted her to die anyway. Then I wouldn't have to worry about her torturing me. In fact torturing is a kind way to describe it.

I slowly walked up the stairs hoping Mother wouldn't hear my steps. After a few seconds, I was in my room. I collapsed onto the bed not bothering to take my soaked clothes off. Instead I took them off after a while of just lying there. After all, I didn't want to catch pneumonia. If I did, I would've had Mother shoving a bottle of medicine or a handful of pills down my throat. I cringed at the thought.

After I changed into dry clothes, I lifted my floor boards to access my secret stash. I started to rummage through the contents. Every magazine was read - every movie was watched " everything was used basically.

Then I came across something that caught my eye. It was a photo. In the photo were two. Just two. They were not two 'humans', two 'people' or two 'kids'. Just two. One of the two was me. I looked just how I always look. Black messy hair, pale skin, black clothes, you get it? But beside me was the complete opposite in female form. Her clothes were bright. Her smile was bright.Everythingwas f*****g bright! She had long pink hair, lightly tanned skin and was far better looking than I was. The odd thing was, she always had this weird green gem thing embedded into her chest. Weird huh?

Her name was Amethyst. She contrasts a lot to me. Yet she's been my best friend since I was young. She was sort of lonely though. I've never seen any of her other family, but she said it's cause they prefer to stay inside. Anyway, so the thing was, through the years of knowing her, I've wanted to be more than just a friend. The weird thing is she liked to use metaphors a lot to explain things to me. When I would try to tell her about my feelings for her, she usually just says, "You're a patient. I'm the Doctor. We can't be together." And then she walks away.

"Where were you today?" Mum asked quietly stalking into my room. I had lay in my bed an hour after I went through my secret stash.

"I was just…out…walking," I admitted, "I stopped to sit on a rock. It was lots of fun."

"That's fine, honey," the b***h sighed, "suppers ready. Come down stairs when you're ready."

She then left without saying anything else.

Cool.

I sat at the kitchen table. It was now night. I had, in my hand, a glass of milk and in the other a bit of toast. I glared at the icy pale moon and thought of Amethyst. In my imagination, she was there with me. In reality, she was somewhere else. Reality sucked.

"Am I going to hear an apology for earlier or am I just an idiot?" Mother entered the kitchen. I gritted my teeth at the old hag.

"The question is: Am going to hear an apology for earlier or are you just too stubborn?" I was proud yet I still winced, feeling ready for a whack.

"You wear me out…you hear me?" Mother yakked on, "But since I'm tired…and have a had a few drinks…I'll let this one slip. You better not have been out with that w***e, by the way."

"Takes one to know one," I muttered whilst grinning.



© 2013 Skyler Lestrange


Author's Note

Skyler Lestrange
Hope you guys liked the next chapter ! Please comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013
Tags: boy meets girl romance


Author

Skyler Lestrange
Skyler Lestrange

Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom



About
Hi I'm Nicola and I like to write (obviously or I wouldn't be here) and I do hope you enjoy my stories as well as my writing. more..

Writing