Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Skyler Lestrange
"

The movies with Amethyst

"
Later that night, I didn’t go to bed. I got a bath instead. A bath with my own washing tools, not my crabbed Mother’s. I gently massaged soap into the skin, trying to avoid my head where my Mother had hit me. It sort of stung a little when I touched it but I could deal with it. I was used to her hitting me.

I took a second to think of Amethyst. I hated it when Mother said things about her. In her eyes, Amethyst was a w***e. She wore really revealing clothes and liked to hug me and give me occasional kisses, mostly on the cheek. How does that make someone a w***e?

I remember this one time; I actually started to cry to her. My Mother told me that I was a mistake and that my father hated us when I was born. It felt like she stabbed me inside. Amethyst held me tight to her as I sat there crying beside her. After I stopped, it began to rain. I have this theory that when no one in the world is crying, it begins to rain with tears of joy. Anyway, we sat in the rain under the moon. It was not a heavy shower. It was calming. We just stared at the stars. It was unusual at first but then I sort of got used to the quiet atmosphere. Then, she just sort of leaned over the top of me. I was going to move away from her but then I thought of simply asking her what she was doing. But she leaned down so that her face was only inches above mine. And then she kissed me…

And just like that…

I fell in love with her.

When we walked home, we held hands. It felt awkward at first but then just like before, I got used to it. Before she went into her house, I pulled her back, attempting to kiss her. But she pulled away. 

“You’re a patient. I’m the Doctor. We can’t be together.”

That was the first time she used one of her metaphorical phrases. I felt like I just got stabbed. 

She then paced to her house as if she was trying to get away as soon as possible. I sat outside for a few seconds, trying to gather my thoughts and mend the stab in my heart. How could she do that? Just kiss me and then deny me a second one.

I looked at the now-dirty water which was swimming around me naked body. Does water even swim? Could I swim?

*

The next morning, the sun was out. Weird. The ground outside was dry. The grass was dry. The sky was dry. Yet it had rained the night before. I stood at the window in the kitchen with a mug of tea. I was dressed and waiting for Mother’s command to go to the shop to get milk. There was none left. I was drawn out of my deep thoughts as there was a knock on the door.

“Don’t touch the door, honey!” Mother called to me. I grinded my teeth at her annoying voice. 
The door opened, “May I help you?”

When Mother usually answered the door she spoke to the people with a bad attitude. After all, she hated the “scum” of the Earth.

“Yeah, I’m here to see - -”

“He’s in the kitchen.” Mother interrupted the sweet voice.

My face lit up at the sweet sound. I turned away from a mug of tea, which I was swirling around instead of drinking, to see Amethyst walk in.

“Hey, Dude,” she smiled, “You busy today?”

Mother watched from the hall, shaking her head disapprovingly. I could see her but Amethyst couldn’t.

“I never do anything anyway as you know,” I replied sounding slightly pissed off as I wanted to refer to Mother. In the hall she gave me a look which said ‘Do you want to get hit?’

“Cool, I was thinking we could, like, go see a movie or something?” Amethyst continued not knowing of the conflict boiling up inside my Mother.

“Actually,” the old hag sounded as she swaggered into the kitchen, “He doesn’t really have money to go so…too bad.”

Amethyst pulled a hand full of money out of her pocket. There was a lot, “There’s enough for two people, so if you have trouble paying…” she trailed off. Surprisingly she didn’t look at Mother. She kept looking at me whilst smiling. But who would look at Mother anyway? Ugly hag, she was.

Mother, who was now full of rage, left the kitchen quietly. Before she left I actually heard her mutter, “enjoy yourself sweetie…” She was angry. Really angry.

“I will,” I took Amethyst’s small hand and we walked out of the kitchen, into the hall and out the front door.

*

Walking to the movie theatre was awkward. People stared at us. But I couldn’t blame them. Me and Amethyst were two different people. Dark and light. She had also covered up the gem in her chest. Which was weird, she always had it on show. I always wonder how she did get that gem there. Can you be born with gems in your body? Weird.

We were watching some weird movie about this guy who lived in a mental hospital for nearly his whole life. He was only about 17 but could see things others couldn’t. It was slightly confusing at some scenes but I didn’t really care. 

When the movie was over, it was dark outside. It was still dry. Amethyst seemed deep in thought.

“Well?” I tried to bring her back to reality.

“Sorry, I’m just trying to figure it out,” she muttered. I think she was talking about the movie, “so what did you think?”

“It was good,” I smiled as she took my hand, “kind of fucked up but good. Maybe Tim Burton should remake it.”

She smiled. I loved it.

We then proceeded to walk home in the dark. I loved the dark. I don’t know why but there was something beautiful about it. I think it was because Amethyst was right there beside me. Her hand was warm.

We reached a dark street with a lot of trees and only a few houses. It resembled my street so much. There were no lights on in the houses. It looked abandoned. Unfortunately the street was not empty.

“Hey look, boys,” a sinister voice sounded. We stopped dead in our tracks. The voice sounded from behind us. I turned and saw a bunch of hoods from school. Three of them. Brilliant...

“It’s the Count!” They laughed. ‘Count’ was an insult that they used against me all the time. Since I barely got out of the house they liked to think that I was afraid of the sun. What losers.

“Oh, s**t, boys,” one of them turned around and pretended to pray aloud, “I thought it was Satan...”

The others chuckled aloud. Amethyst squeezed my hand reassuringly.

“Come one, let’s go,” she turned around. I did the same and we began to walk away.

“Oh, don’t leave! We love your company!” The leader smirked. I could feel him storming towards us. He shoved Amethyst forward into the arms of another hood, “look, boys, fresh meat! Virgin maybe?” Before I could do anything, I felt his hand grasp my hair, as he roughly pulled me back. In his other hand was a sort of wooden stake, “Look what I got today, loser. I thought you’d like it. I also got it for a 5-finger-discount.”

One of the others held Amethyst back. She gasped as the leader aimed the stake above my chest.

“Leave him alone, guys,” she pleaded whilst struggling against the hoods grasp, “let him go.”

The leader smirked evilly and shoved me to the ground.

“Let her go,” he commanded. They did not shove her. She threw herself to ground beside me.

“Are you OK, dude?” She asked in a concerned tone as the hoods ran off laughing.

“Yeah,” I rubbed the back of my head where he had held me. It ached. “Are you OK?”
She nodded as she placed a hand on mine. Her hand was soft like bees fur. 

*

After another while of walking, we stood outside her house. It was darker. What time was it? How long were we out for? Why does time fly?

“I guess I’ll see you later,” she said innocently. She went to walk towards her door, but I grabbed her hand and pulled her back. It was like a replay of that night we kissed.

“I’m sorry about those guys,” I admitted, “They’re just a bunch of a******s. I really was gonna kill that guy for pushing you like that.”

She took a few seconds to take this in before smiling sweetly at me, “Thanks. I would’ve tortured him if he actually touched you with that stake.”

She leaned up and kissed me on the cheek softly. It felt nice. But then she placed both her hands around my neck and kissed me on the neck. It tickled but not in a laughish way. It felt good. She then kissed it again but sucked on it a bit. I don’t know what came over me but I shut my eyes and my hand released her arm and sat on her shoulder instead. The other claimed her waist and pulled her closer. It must’ve sort of shocked her cause she pulled away.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that,” she put her hand to her lips.

“It’s ok,” I removed my hands from her and looked away embarrassed, “so are we...together now?”

She sighed heavily, “I’m the Doctor...you’re a patient...I’m sorry. We can’t. We’re too different. It would be complicated...”

There it was. Another stab wound in my heart.

“I guess I’ll see you later?” She suggested awkwardly. I was quiet. I only looked at the dry gravel. She nodded, “Well, see you around.” 

How could she?


© 2013 Skyler Lestrange


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013
Tags: movies romance the ballad


Author

Skyler Lestrange
Skyler Lestrange

Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom



About
Hi I'm Nicola and I like to write (obviously or I wouldn't be here) and I do hope you enjoy my stories as well as my writing. more..

Writing