chapter 2 ; Eyes

chapter 2 ; Eyes

A Chapter by Nicole Williams
"

Mateo & Eros finally speak to one another but this was no ordinary conversation and why does it take them so long to finally speak again?

"
The end of lessons gradually sprang up on the students.Mateos' eyes fixated on the clock above the whiteboard, slowly beating away its last few minutes. An unplanned discussion with Julia definitely encouraged time to fly.The bell sounded triumphantly, undoubtedly the best sound heard throughout the six long hours of classes.Well, that was until he heard her voice. she barely spoke from what mateo had observed but when she did it was pure bliss to anyone's ears that overheard.Mateo exited the classroom with his new acquaintance Julia, the ginger with round opticals. Julia, being one of the most beloved pupils was on a first name basis with all teachers including Mr Jorge Mario, the business professor. Travelling through the corridors, to Julia's locker where two students stood waiting. Julia nudged him, "Jesse and Lisette" she whispered viewing them up and down, plastering a phoney smile across her face whilst embracing them affectionately.Jesse-Auburn Catropolis, A tall flamboyant student dressed in a checkered vest which resembled Mateo's plaid pyjama set, combed his moulded chestnut highlighted hair whilst spraying the front rock solid with high-end hairspray.
"hey handsome.." 
Jesse teased grazing his hand along mateos chest in a flirtatious manner. Mateo laughed it off unfavourably. Leant drearily on Jesse's shoulder was Lisette Masters, daughter of Mrs Masters the head of geography. standing tall with her short pigtails and orange sweater, Lisette was rumoured to be somewhat on the shadier side with an unruly personality.She was too self-absorbed to introduce herself. His thoughts edged back to the girl in class , the one with vibrant blue eyes and the softest looking strands of jet black hair. Intrigued he inquired for her name. 
Julia spoke hesitantly, "her name?erm...."
she paused for a few moments "...Eros".
Eros, what a well-suited name, his mind processed how beautifully it suited her.He pictured their introduction, how flattering he would be and her reaction. There was no possible way she could ever be attracted to such a loser. Maybe she would take one glance at his birthmark and laugh or maybe she would feel sympathetic for his obvious deformity. Thoughts churned like boiling water in a black cauldron, Sick to his stomach.He resided in the medical room for the whole of the third lesson.surely, his physics teacher would be understanding. The fourth lesson went quite quick, once more spending all his time hypnotised by her beautiful face. Her smile, Her soft giggles and the way her cute tiny upturned nose would wrinkle when she was submerged in laughter.Following on from fourth lesson was lunchtime, the hour when antisocial teens would be inseparable from their latest gadgets.Of course, Mateo was somehow linked to Julia, the pair were undividable. But that was all down to the fact Julia was reluctant to let him go even for a second. Eventually, after subsequently hinting many of time that he needed to go see a professor to inquire about catching up with classwork, she let him stray hastily through the halls in search for nothing imparticular except with hope Eros. Surely enough, They bumbled into each other at the book filled lecture arena. she sat there, a book sewn into her fingers as the word-filled pages reflected in her rain blue eyes. 
Her blue eyes flashed up at him, He froze. All his muscles stiffened immediately, leaving them in this awkward stare between each other. His thin chapped lips separated as a few word escaped in an almost silent panic,
"You have the secrets to the word, hidden in those drenched blues eyes,
and I promise to stay silent if you reveal them to me."
With those heartfelt mumbles and salty fresh tears, he bolted out of the library and caved in on himself outside the locker room. Panting ferociously, his heart pounding louder than anything could sound. Eros wandered through the halls in search for the one who spoke such heartfelt words, she didn't know his name nor story, only his carved face and large rich brown eyes. She located him leant against the lockers uncomfortably, her pulse rate increased dramatically, her breath almost taken by his charming appearance. 
she sighed,
"They are chestnut against chocolate and tanned topaz and when they water they glow magnificently, two perfect orbs the same shade as nature after it pours.You're not as simple as they wanted you to be..." 
she left without any words and as each day progressed no words were shared between the two. Julia surprising relieved by that and even though mateo clearly proved he wasn't leaning that way, Jesse still continued to flirt in his free time. Till one unsuspected after school evening, his Family sat around the large glass table with flowers florally decorated in the centre. 
"pass the potatoes please mat"
his mother asked, whilst he stretched his arm across the table and gave her the basket of well-baked spuds in melted seasoned butter. A sound appeared abruptly out of nowhere. A bang, then Three consecutive whacks against the large oak front door. Everyone uncertain who it could possibly and whether they should answer or simply ignore the interruption. Mateo left his cushioned chair and slowly crept towards the door, slightly uncertain on who it would be disturbing him at this hour. With his hand pressed against the large golden door nob and just a small twist of his wrist the door flung open and out in the pouring rain, stood Eros, drenched from head to heel, her mascara dripping down her rosy cold cheeks. Taken back from the shocking sight he invites her in with harsh yet cold words. 
In a hurry, she marches in,
"I need your help!"
taken back by her sudden rush of confidence he nods softly and inquires about what is upsetting her. 
"you see, Samuel my younger brother, it seems he is in some frightful trouble with the police department and your the only person I can think of that can help…” 


© 2016 Nicole Williams


Author's Note

Nicole Williams
Only 1005 words, please leave reviews,I am desperate for constructive criticism !!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
Added on December 15, 2016
Last Updated on December 15, 2016
Tags: teen romance, romance, sequence, chapter 2, reading, chapters, book, formal, vocabulary, characters, unique


Author

Nicole Williams
Nicole Williams

cheltenham, United Kingdom



Writing