Chapter 3  ; Rainwater

Chapter 3 ; Rainwater

A Chapter by Nicole Williams
"

Mateo understands how he can help Eros, Strangely that was their first intro but definitely no longer their last..

"
Water dripping down from her garments onto the beige carpet. She explained in careful detail, not wanting him to drop any of her vital information.In an urgent fashion, Mateo plucked his coat from the chair in which it was hung over. After assuring her all would end well,  he lent her a warm winter jumper, to shelter her fair face from the harsh breeze and large chilly drops of icy rainwater.Eros sniffles wiping her eyes repeatedly, puffy and irritated.They hopped into Mateos mother's BMW and used a short route to arrive at the police department. walking through the department doors, locking his mother's car, he Strolled past the front desk whilst briefly greeting the secretary. Staring at the gum infested jail cell, with broken pipes and nails piercing through the walls like thorns on a once stunning rose.
"Samuel!" Eros gasped,
pressing her face harshly against the bars of the cell and staring her brother directly in the eyes. He looked fairly similar, almost identical in looks. The same petite upturned noses and full pairs of lips.Samuels' eyes widened as his stare stayed towards Mateo,
"who's the friend?"
Wiping her eyes once again she introduces the two. Mateo chuckled lightly," I'd shake your hand but the bars are in the way ". Mateo assisted the situation by phoning his father briefly and sliding his phone back into his pocket of his slightly damper coat. He heard the clerk's phone ring and following on was a large security guard twiddling his thumbs together before unlocking Samuels cell and warning the young lad that if he stole again the consequences would be far uncivil.The siblings embraced affectionately, tears of salty pain stained each other's cheeks. Reunited at last. Mateo bit his lip in deep thoughts wondering if anyone would do the same if he was the one stuck behind bars, surely not.  They all bounced out the police station, smiling brightly well at least Samuel and Eros were. Mateo still stumbling through his thoughts from earlier on. They all leapt into the car and mateo volunteered to take them home since it must have been quite a journey.After a silent journey, the car pulled up outside a fairly floral cottage. slamming the door shut behind himself, Samuel ran inside without a second thought. 
exited the car together,  Mateo and eros stood outside her house, gazing at each other. He shuffled closer, locked into a hypnotic gaze. A Compressed connection, A pleasurable gaze. Her Caspian azure eyes fixated on his. Sharing such a glorious soundless moment, 
"Thank you....I mean for helping me"
she spoke softly, intertwining her fingers whilst twiddling her thumbs.
"Oh, it was nothing, seeing you smiling. That was the most rewarding prize" he whispered in her ear, bent over slightly to reach. standing tall he bit his bottom lip softly turning it into a kind of cheeky grin. she edged closer, almost as if leaning in. Touched by the moment, a single tear rolled down her cheek. shocked, he half smiled raising his hand up to her cheek and wiping it away and moving his finger down to her mouth, brushing the bottom lip weakly. Her mother waiting silently at the door left Eros coughing abruptly. Mateo stepped back shocked and bid them the pleasant night before sinking into his car and driving recklessly away in embarrassment. Many days followed on when the two were inseparable, Julia attempted to join the two when they were hovering around school locked in conversation but that was proven to be a challenging task. Jealously brewed in Julia's mind and soon this resulted in offensive and attacking comments about his appearance explicitly his birthmark, of course behind his back causing many pupils to whisper glare and even mock him. He was unfavourable by the comments but every sour and self-destructive thought vanished whilst she was around. He would smile and even giggle, just to see her little nose wrinkle whilst submerged in laughter. He brought her a happiness that could never be stolen, it was a happiness that almost belonged to his that she'd share with no other being in this life and possibly even the next.she gave him the gift of being able to live alongside those repulsive comments and vulgar actions, yes Mateo had been hit a couple of times by larger guy in the years above and shoved by vile girls in the year below, it was all happening again. Would he have to move again ? would he see Eros ever again? the future unsure.His family enjoyed the area surely there would be no way they would relocate anytime soon. Definitely not in the near future.He started spending a lot more time with Eros knowing it was the only thinking making him happy. Day trips to the cinema, fairgrounds and sometimes when just chilling out, at the library digging deep into a large book together. Day trips turned into a Sleepover very often with the occasional pillow fight. It was a Saturday evening, the two comfy on his mattress listening to soft piano ballads. Eros would usually pick Disney songs played on the piano because she was still intact with her childish side whereas mateo had lost that many moments ago. Their friendship blossomed gradually from a first introduction, odd connection to an inseparable bond. 
"I would say I'm A detached person but I can barely breathe when you're not around."
He would often speak such beautiful quotes and serenade her in flirtatious language.She attempted to do the same but with looks, she changed her appearance to almost get a reaction out of him. No nerdy star wars or Disney pun t-shirts. Gucci on her feet, Marc Jacobs on her thigh and Adidas covering her chest. Mateo astonished by her complexion, A new colour scheme every day and it always almost corresponded with the weather. whites and greys in winter, orange, bronze and brown in autumn and of mint pearl and pink in spring.


© 2016 Nicole Williams


Author's Note

Nicole Williams
Please review, need constructive criticism urgently!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
Added on December 16, 2016
Last Updated on December 16, 2016
Tags: teen romance, romance, sequence, chapter 2, reading, chapters, book, formal, vocabulary, characters, unique, school, novel, reviews, rate


Author

Nicole Williams
Nicole Williams

cheltenham, United Kingdom



Writing