a bad joke chapter 7: I'm just a kid

a bad joke chapter 7: I'm just a kid

A Chapter by nightmask
"

a boring day till Iocus sees his father doing something odd with the dinner

"

 Iocus walked Jane to her friends car, “you have fun?” he asked. “Yeah, I did” she said, “I’ll see you on monday then” he said shying away. Jane touched his cheek “Iocus” she said he looked up at her threw his bangs. “Yes?” he asked and she kissed him. His heart seemed to melt into his shoes and then radiate a tingling sensation into his spine. “You sure are getting allot of kisses today” Jane laughed. Iocus smiled and nodded “bye” he said waving as he got into Seth’s car.

 

        Archie patted his back as he got into the car. “What are you doing for Hanukkah?” Archie asked Iocus. “Nothing much, I’m eating with my parents you and Seth can come over on one of the eighth nights. Archie nodded “I can go, but I think Seth has to work” he said. “Ok kool, just this weekend, monday and tuesday and then we have an extremely long vacation man!” Iocus said.

 

        Seth dropped Archie and Iocus off at Iocus’ house and drove off. “Are you sure your parents will let me sleep over they won’t get mad or anything will they?” Archie asked opening the door. “They’ll be fine you know them, they love you” Iocus said reassuring him as he shut the door. His parents were in the kitchen his dad washing plates and his mom setting a table spot for him. “Hey guys, do you mind if Archie sleeps over?” Iocus asked. His mom nodded and smiled “Of course he can!” she said giving Archie a hug. 

 

        Iocus smiled and they all sat down as his mom set down a bowl of his special food. “Archie, what would you like for dinner?” Mrs. read asked. “Do you have any of that veggie pizza?” he asked happily. Mrs. Read nodded and opened the freezer and pulled out a box of the microwaveable kind. Iocus and Archie stayed up till 5 in the morning after dinner playing video games. The next morning Archie was picked up at 7 by his brother, because Archie had 3 projects to do and needed to get to the library as early as possible to hopefully finish early. iocus slept till 5 in the afternoon, too awake to sleep anymore he got up and took a shower. He put on a black long sleeved shirt and a white T-shirt over that then put on some black jeans with gray stripes and brushed his teeth. 

 

        His parents were at work so he decided to walk to the park and pulled on 2 sweaters. He shut the door playing with the key in his pocket tot make sure it was there and then began to walk. He could hear the tapping of his feet on the uncomfortable grimy concrete sidewalk of his neighborhood. His nose was already cold from the wind so he rubbed it with his fingers till it felt better. When he approached the park he saw how empty it was and went towards the swings.

 

        Iocus sat down on a blue swing with rusty chains that creaked when he sat down. He swung his feet back and forth hovering them over the sand. He then swung his feet back and pumped his arms forward then switched both positions making the swing sway weirdly then do what he wanted. And as he increased his speed and height the swing made weird creaking noises that turned into a pattern. Iocus closed his eyes and watched the colors change inside his eyelids.

 

        The wind felt nicer on his skin as he did this. He kicked off his sneakers by nudging one off the other, then he removed his socks and flung them in the air. He finally slowed down to feel the cold yet soft sand beneath him. He grabbed sand particles between his toes and watched them float down as they fell in swirls. When he finally had enough he went home and it started to get darker. 

 

        His mom and Dad were busy cooking dinner in the kitchen when he got home. “Hey, you do anything today?” Mr. Read asked. Iocus shrugged “I went to the park, that’s pretty much it” he said bored and sat down at the table. “Iocus, I added some flavor to your food see if it worked” his mom said setting down a bowl of special red steamy liquid. He sniffed it “I can smell a bit of tomato” he said quickly diving his spoon in to see if he could taste it. He sipped some of it “Yeah I can taste it, but only a little” he said having more. “Ok good next time I’ll add more” the mom said. Iocus nodded and caught his father sneaking some capsules into the stew his mom was making. “Dad? what’s that?” he asked pointing to his hand which had the capsules in it. 



© 2008 nightmask


Author's Note

nightmask
hope u like :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like this it's laid back
well written so far
You're good at story telling

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008


Author

nightmask
nightmask

About
i am me, there is not much else to say. i like sweeney todd, tim burton, anime, and bright shiny colors, lol(z) ha ha. i was recently diagnosed with abcd, no...wait...asbd....adad.....ughhh......(mean.. more..

Writing
Wet Hair Wet Hair

A Poem by nightmask


Crayons Crayons

A Poem by nightmask