New Beginnings Chapter 2

New Beginnings Chapter 2

A Story by Night Rain Kitsune
"

Chapter 2- Crush

"

 

Chapter 2:

Crush


 

I rushed to get ready for school, my uncle had dropped me off yesterday but today I would have to ride the bus. I grabbed a quick snack and headed out the door.

I was so relieved to finally be at school, I stood with the people I had met yesterday, Tristan unfortunately not being there. I had only recognized the girl I had met in my History 10 class, Renee. She ran up to me, “Hi, Serenity.” “Hi,” I replied forcing a smile. She introduced me to the rest of her friends. Another girl came up to me, “Hello.” “Hi.” Renee looked at the two of us, “Serenity, this is Andrea.” I smiled, again forced, and she smiled in return. “Andrea and I have been friends since middle school. Andrea nodded and looked at me, studying my appearance. “Chinese?” I sighed and shook my head, “Japanese.” “Oh, sorry.” “It's fine, a lot of people do it,” I laughed slightly to lighten the tense mood caused by her mistake. We said bye as the bell rang.

I walked to first block, my heart beating nervously and butterflies in my stomach. There he was, sitting there smiling at me as I walked through the door. “Hey,” I said as I sat down. “Hey,” he replied. The late bell rang and I was disappointed. The teacher, Mrs. Brown, started class immediately.

She was talking about things I had already learned in my voice acting class back home, and apparently Tristan wasn't to interested either. He tapped my shoulder and handed me a note, we passed it the whole class until finally the bell rang, sending my heart sinking.

The note:

Him: what's up?

Me: nothing, u?

Him: Same. What do u wanna talk about?

Me: I dunno, what do u wanna talk about?

Him: You....

Me: Why?

Him: I dunno.

Me: Ok...

Him: How old are you?

Me: 15, you?

Him: This isn't about me, but 15.

Him: Grade?

Me: 10th

Him: 9th

Me: oh.

Him: So anyway.

Me: Anyway what?

Him: Got a boyfriend?

Me: Actually yes, he's back home though.

Him: Oh....what's he like?

Me: Well...he's not the best and we break up a lot.

Him: Oh.

Me: Yea...

bell rings

I don't know what it is about this boy that made me feel like that. I wanted to get home and talk to my boyfriend, Jasuno, on the phone.

I couldn't concentrate for my mind wondering in every one of my classes. I wanted to know more about this boy and why he wanted to know about me.

The final bell rang and I walked outside and to my bus. I sat down in the seat I was assigned that morning, I didn't quite understand this whole assigned seat thing.

I fell asleep and woke up just one stop before mine. When it was my stop I walked quickly down the aisle and stepped off. I ran down the dirt driveway and up to the house. I opened the door and went directly to my room picking up my phone, 1 new voice mail, I was excited to listen to it hoping it would be Jasuno. I entered my password and heard his voice, “Konichiwa, listen....we need to talk... call me as soon as you get this. Bye.” My heart sank, I knew what he wanted, but regardless I called him anyway. The phone rang, “Hello?” “Hey.” “Oh, hey.” “You needed to talk to me?” “Yea.” “So...” “I want to break up.” “I figured that.” “Sorry.” “It's cool...I gotta go though, bye.” I shut my cell phone and I wanted to cry, I fought the tears back as best as I could but to my dismay, two slipped. I wiped them then walked to the kitchen.

“Hey, Serenity,” my uncle said smiling. “Hey, what's for dinner?” “Well, I thought I would give you girls some home food.” “Really?” “Yea, sushi and rice balls.” “Cool,” I said and grabbed a Dr. Pepper from the fridge and went back to my room. I did my homework, ate, showered, then layed down to sleep.

I had just drifted to sleep when my little sister came in and woke me, “Serenity?” “What is it Mae?” “I miss mommy and daddy.” “I know Mae,” I said sleepily rubbing the sleep from my eyes. “Don't you?” “Yes, but Mae this is our home for now, and besides Mom said that if we like it here they would bring everything and we would live here.” “I know....” “Mae, don't worry.” “'Kay.” She looked at me with her big brown eyes and I brushed her soft black hair from her face. “Can I sleep here?” “Yea, Mae come on,” I said scooting over to make room for her little six year old body.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I drug myself out of bed and got ready for another day of school. This morning was like the day before. And again, I was relieved to be in my drama class.

He smiled at me as I walked in, but I didn't smile back. I sat in my seat and he tapped me. “Are you okay?” “Yea, I guess,” I replied turning to him. “No, you're not, what's wrong?” “Well...my boyfriend broke up with me yesterday.” “I'm sorry,” despite the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes he was forcing back a smile. The late bell rang and class started.

He didn't write a note today or another day for two weeks. In fact, he barely talked to me during that time.

© 2008 Night Rain Kitsune


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmmm... That Andrea character sounds familar. I wonder why?????? LOL!!! So far, so good.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2008

Author

Night Rain Kitsune
Night Rain Kitsune

Phenix, AL



About
I'm Jesshika. I write stories pertaining to mostly anime and things of that nature. I'll tell you what I think of your story/stories and I won't hold back, contrusctive critism, so I won't me rude jus.. more..

Writing