New Beginnings Chapter 5

New Beginnings Chapter 5

A Story by Night Rain Kitsune
"

Chapter 5- Aftershock

"

 

Chapter 5

Aftershock


 

The weeks after that were a little bit awkward, but it all worked out. We eventually started talking like nothing had happened. Me and my ex-boyfriend, Jasuno, got back together too. But, somehow I still couldn't forget about Tristan telling me he loved me...I was still so confused....

School returned to the same boring routine and he eventually started smiling at me, forced to hide his sadness, but he smiled non the less. I smiled back...everyday.

“Hey,” he said smiling. “Hey,” I smiled back....same routine... “So...what's up?” “Nothing, me and Jasuno are back together.” “Oh...” “Yea.” “Hope it works out this time...” I could see that he was lying, he was still hurt from me leaving...but what he didn't know was that I was probably more torn than he was, I mean he lied.... But, I was getting over it. The teacher started class and this time we were paired in groups of three. “Group one, Tristan, Serenity, and Christopher--” Once again, I blocked the other groups out of my mind and turned my desk to Tristan and Chris, Chris was my age, same grade and everything, he looked to be Korean maybe. I took my paper out and asked for a plot, “I dunno,” said Tristan not looking at me directly. “How about action?” Asked Chris. “That would be a little hard to do, special effects wise, how about a comedy action?” I replied smiling. They both agreed and that's what we did.

After the play was written we performed. I walked to my seat and waited for the bell to ring. I hurried to my next class, and my classes after that avoiding him the whole time. It wasn't until I was home that I couldn't avoid him any longer....

I sat down on my bed and looked at my computer and then at my phone, I wanted so much to say something to him, to say I love him too, but I couldn't. My thoughts broke when my cell phone rang, Jasuno. “Hello?” “Hey.” “Hey.” “How was your day?” “Pretty good yours?” I couldn't concentrate on the conversation. “Fine, I miss you.” “I miss you too.” “I miss you more.” “Doubt it,” I lied he would miss me more right now under any circumstances because right now all I could think about was Tristan. “So, I have a question.” “What?” “Will you marry me?” I was shocked and I didn't know what to say, “Yea,” was all I could manage. “I love you.” “I love you too, I gotta go, I'll call you later, bye,” I shut my phone aggravated with him.

I took my shower and skipped dinner going straight to bed. The next morning I had a voice mail on my phone, I knew who it was but I listened anyway. The voice said I had two new messages: “Hey, Serenity it's Jasuno....Are you ok? I'll call later, bye.” CLICK I hit delete and listened to the next one. “Hey, I don't think me asking you to marry me was a good idea, I wanna break up, sorry bye.” CLICK. I deleted that one too.

I told Tristan the next day and he looked relieved.


 

© 2008 Night Rain Kitsune


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on May 16, 2008

Author

Night Rain Kitsune
Night Rain Kitsune

Phenix, AL



About
I'm Jesshika. I write stories pertaining to mostly anime and things of that nature. I'll tell you what I think of your story/stories and I won't hold back, contrusctive critism, so I won't me rude jus.. more..

Writing