Chapter 6: Flower

Chapter 6: Flower

A Chapter by Nikki Congdon

I sat alone in the dorm room, waiting for Raven to finish in the bathroom.  I had the lamp on and the light casted a soft glow, making the room have strange shadows.  I still wore my uniform. I wasn't sure if I was excited to start different classes. When Mrs. Berlowski had given me a list of electives, I tried to choose the closest to what I had taken at my old school but when I saw the required classes, I had no idea what to expect.  I mean, Anatomy of plants and what's useful with Mrs. Berlowski? What would that be about? I also had to take defense classes as well.

            My schedule sat on my side of the nightstand. I didn't want to think about it.  I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to think about this whole day.  I got up and strolled over to the closet which had all my regular clothes as well as my other pairs of uniforms. I found a tee shirt and a black pair of leggings and laid them out on the bed.  I was just about to undress when someone knocked softly on the door.

            Raven opened our bathroom door and flopped on her bed, stretching largely.

            "So tell me about these demons?" I pestered. I wanted to know as much about these monsters as I could.

            Raven waved her hand at me, having me wait a moment and opened her closet.  I peeked in it and my jaw nearly dropped to the floor. All her clothes looked like something a celebrity should have. I was shocked. All the clothes were high end brands made by top designers. Vera Wang, Chanel, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, the list could go on and on. Inside there were dresses, blouses, skirts, pants, handbags, heels (So many heels) and so much more. My mind spun out of control.

            "How did you pay for all of these?" I asked another question. I was being really nosy.

            She shrugged, "Benefit of having dead parents; they leave behind lots of money behind." She paused and then said, "I thought you were shy? That's how you acted at dinner."

            I blushed, "I'm not too good with new people" I sat back down on my bed as Raven pulled out something that I would have in my closet; a simple tee and shorts. She threw them on her bed and began peeling her shirt off with me watching. I averted my eyes so I didn't look like a pervert and then began changing as well.

            "So tell me about these demons they kept bringing up at dinner tonight." I asked again. This time Raven explained them.

            "Demons are like how they sound; demons. Yet our demons are far worse than a regular demon. They are people like us, who have special abilities.  They're immortal, unlike us who are mortal.  They prey on people and us." She stopped as she pulled up her shorts which turned out to be very short.  "It's very hard to explain, it's like a battle between good and evil.  We protect the humans so no more death happens and live in peace with them while demons cause destruction and death. Some changers dedicate their life to killing demons. People who are in the more defense classes than stealth classes will probably be killing Demons for a job."

            "How do you change into a demon? What are the affects?"

            Raven sighed, as if she didn't want to talk about it. "Bitten. The demon has to be in its animal form though to take effect. Affects are enhanced powers, but you get red rimmed eyes. Depending on the person, more effects could happen.

            "Demons can also repopulate like regular humans, don't ask me how that works. I don't know anatomy. All I know about that is the child in the womb grows faster than a normal human and the mother gives birth faster, and earlier. Give it about a month before the baby is born. Once the baby is born, the child grows fast.  Once it hits maturity, the growth slows until it stops at a random age. I can't explain it that much. Most of the time though, the child either dies at an early age since it doesn't get enough to eat or the child and mother die in battle or birth. Demons also mate for life, the male "imprints" on the female and they stick together until they are killed. It's really hard to explain."

            "What were you talking about tonight? How humans can turn Demon?"

            "Yes." Raven sighed as she rubbed her temples. "The only way a mortal can turn demon and like us is by trading their soul to a demon. Pretty much you sign a contract and when the contract is up, the human is done and the demon takes what's left of the soul.  You see, when you trade your soul, you have to pay in advance first, meaning you give a part of it right away, and then the rest is taken after the contract is complete." Raven bent down and pulled a book from under her bed. "I've read a lot about it. This will tell you more about it and the history of it." The book was weathered and black with white lettering that spelled out Demon's in our world.

            "Thanks," I set it aside aside and lay down, not under the covers. "Raven?"

            "Yeah?"

            "How are you so…stylish?"

            Raven laughed, "Because I know what is good."

            "Would you…style me?" I asked sheepishly.

            "You got a hot date?" Raven asked, a brow rose on her forehead.

            "No, I just want to feel…pretty." I stopped and then added, "Plus we have nothing else to do."   

            Raven smiled, "I've never done this but alright." She got up and asked me to stand as well.  She looked at me, at my curves, my hair, everything that was me. She then stalked over to the closet and began rummaging.

            "I can see you in a short black dress with some pumps, a little color splash with red earrings and a nice silver necklace." She pulled out exactly what she had described and pushed them toward me.  "Put that on and let's see what we've got." I did exactly what she said. Raven helped me zip up the back and do the necklace. The dress was short and strapless with a long ruffled bottom.  4 inch black heels made me taller and sexier.  A triangle necklace sat lovely on my collarbone. The red rose earrings did give the splash of color to the outfit.

            "Now you just put your hair up like this," She balled up my brown hair in her hands and made a sloppy bun, "And add some makeup in some places, but other than that, you look pretty sexy." We walked over to the full length mirror on Raven's closet door and she was so right. I was sexy.       

            "Wow. I'm speechless."

            "You can use this look once you have a date." She smiled and I changed. I sadly didn't want to give up the look, but I hoped that I would get to use this look again. Once the clothes were put away, we both climbed into our beds and turned out the light.

                                   ***

            I woke up in the middle of the night to searing pain in my stomach. I bit my lip hard, trying not to scream. If I screamed, I would wake Raven up and half the building. I twisted my head while my hands clutched my stomach. 2:30 in the morning. Damn.

            Gingerly, I climbed out of bed.  Would I have to go to the infirmary on my first night here? I padded softly into the bathroom and closed the door quietly. Flicking the light switch, I tried to stand up straight, only to be greeted by more pain. What was wrong with me?  I lifted my shirt up to see if I had any coloration on my stomach. Nothing out of the ordinary.

            "What the-?"  I exclaimed softly. I was confused.  I grabbed a cup off the counter of the sink and poured a glass of water. I gulped it down hastily. The pain subsided and I could stand up straight again. I breathed normally.  I searched the mirror for answers, but found nothing. With a light head and swirling questions, I retreated back to bed.



© 2013 Nikki Congdon


Author's Note

Nikki Congdon
ignore grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on August 13, 2013
Last Updated on August 13, 2013


Author

Nikki Congdon
Nikki Congdon

Plover, WI



About
Hey! I'm Nikki! I'm 15 years old and I have dreams of getting at least one of my writings published! I love to read, write and I preform in plays and musicals at my school! I play flute and learning C.. more..

Writing
Flower Flower

A Book by Nikki Congdon


Preface Preface

A Chapter by Nikki Congdon