I Must Go!

I Must Go!

A Poem by James Takeo Panton
"

Some descriptive narrative...

"

 

I must go!
 

I feel the leaning of far distances calling to me, yearning for my feet upon its paths to glory, to nothingness, to adventure, to familiarity....jet-setting misadventures to destinations,crosstown traffic nightmares are the same no matter where you go, what city you are in, what streets you cross....all they are is buildings , cars, house, people....

 

It is all the clandestine side-trips, the narrow walkways between towers, the hidden parks amidst the greyness, the secret treasures of the lonely park benches along waterways and silent solitude of the scenery....how you know the crack in every step of the sidewalk from some long ago dream..the way the street-lamps shimmer along those remembered stumbles through the darkness, racing against the dawn in our wild youth to new adventures and glory of being young! Now, I grow nostalgic for those simple journeys, and wish to seek re-adventure once again....

 

I must go!
 

I must cross the black velvety veil of night upon steel wings, far above the streets, house, buildings, cars and people, watching as they descend from my view and turn into tiny lights..twinkling...like stars beneath me....

 

Christmastime is homecoming....thoughts of fallen snow on bare black branches, of smoke, of friendship and kinship, of presents, of love, of warm blankets on cold nights, of the freezing in my nostrils as I walk out the door into the clean whiteness, of evergreen trees, or a million parties and feasts, of friends, of family....

 

I will never be a million miles away! My heart can travel faster than the speed of sound......all I must do is get my feet to follow it....

© 2008 James Takeo Panton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 23, 2008

Author

James Takeo Panton
James Takeo Panton

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Canada



About
I am a 38-year old amateur and have only recently started writing some stuff. I began putting down these words around November, 2007, and discovered that I enjoyed doing this, and now I am seeing w.. more..

Writing