[untitled4]

[untitled4]

A Poem by James Takeo Panton

Summer rain coming

Lightning flashes across skies

The smell and thunder

 

© 2008 James Takeo Panton


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I need to go read some more of your Haiku's .. but with your background, I'm slightly disappointed that you almost missed the POINT of haiku .... this piece would fit better if you even just said "the smell OF thunder" instead.... the thing that makes haiku more than just 5-7-5 (which would be .. simple .. and not need a name of its own!) is the ending... the juxtaposition of the piece.... I think its referred to as a cutting edge or cutting word or something of the sort ... your lines shouldn't exactly run together and shouldn't exactly be all about the one topic, but they should -- because you're giving the reader pause... and thats the beauty of haiku -- it is so short and yet it is succinct in its thought-provoking... There's nothing WRONG with this piece, of course, it is lovely .... it just... only WANTS to be a haiku ... in the traditional sense, it is not. (sorry, I wouldn't be so forth-right with a complete stranger, I think I only say what I said in the way I said it because I know you .. and thing you can take it and appreciate the advice .. I hope I haven't been offensive!!@#!)

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Did the recent thunderstorm give you this inspiration? :) It made me want to write too, lol. That's where the poem "Bathe Me" came along. I just absolutley love the rain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 22, 2008
Last Updated on July 22, 2008

Author

James Takeo Panton
James Takeo Panton

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Canada



About
I am a 38-year old amateur and have only recently started writing some stuff. I began putting down these words around November, 2007, and discovered that I enjoyed doing this, and now I am seeing w.. more..

Writing