American Proud

American Proud

A Poem by nivram

             American Proud?

 

 

I seek to find success in me, but not that which you think. I cringe at what this world has forced upon our youth to drink. These lies are told and dreams are sold by images on a screen, the music sceen and magazines make me want to scream.

 

 Success in me, and also you, should always start within, but, this world won’t tell you that because, your nothing but dollars to them.

 

 They know that if you love self first, regardless of what they say, then all the crap they pour in you, will slowly fade away. So see yourself and smile, tare all your posters down, especially the ones of a 30 year old rapper, whose pants are sagging down.

 

 

 Beautiful you are inside and out, and that you must not doubt, and don’t let stings of  unkind words steer you from what is right. And if the world don’t like who you are, then say,” it’s time to fight!”

 

 Success is not defined by, how much crap you got.

Success is not defined by, how many people think your hot.

Success is not money or fame, like this world want you to believe. True success is not black or white or native to this land

 

 

 True success is measured by, how you treat your fellow man.

 So seek to find success in you, just like I do in me, cause, not until we love one another, can we all live successfully!

 

 

 

© 2012 nivram


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Message is concise and well written. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nivram

11 Years Ago

Thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on November 23, 2012
Last Updated on November 23, 2012

Author

nivram
nivram

Tulsa, OK



About
Up an comming writter from Tulsa. Reality is my specialist. more..

Writing
Fairytales Fairytales

A Poem by nivram


911 911

A Poem by nivram