911

911

A Poem by nivram

                          (911)!

 

 

With the phone in her hand, she reflex on last nigh, something been stolen, can 911 make it right? So slowly she dials, embarrassed by the scene, before the call is answered, she let out a scream.

 

“Can I help you?” a voice says, but you pause then you say, “Yes sir, seems I lost my self-worth the other day. See, I think I was robbed, in the middle of the night, cause when I woke up this morning, it was no where in sight”.

 

Then the voice on the line, let out a shy smirk, “Let’s just start from the beginning Ms., maybe that will work?”

 

As her eyes start to close, she think back on the past, trying hard to remember, when she saw your worth last.

 

“Well sir I recall, the events of the day, I left work, took a shower, and got ready for my date. I did my hair, and my makeup was right. I grabbed my keys and my cell phone, and I left for the night.!”

 

“Alright now Ms., that sounds normal to me, did you put in your purse, cause it’s not easy I must say, to lose ones self-worth?”

 

A deep breath she took, cause this guy is no help. “How dare you suggest, that I lost it myself! Anyway sir I checked, and still cannot find, maybe last night someone snuck up, and took it from behind?”

 

“Well then what happened, on this date did you trust?”

 

“Well sir this was the first date for the both of us. We had a great dinner, but the movie was did suck, then we came back to my place, just to talk nothing much. I found out all about him, a good Christian he was, I felt we were soul mates….”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“Just  because!”

 

The operator finally asked, “Did he stay through the night. Did you go all the way, even though it wasn’t right?”

 

The phone slowly drops, and she falls on her face, what was fun for one night, has now brought on disgrace. As she sobs uncontrolled, she abandon her search, as she watchs the thief from last night, drive away with your worth-

 

 

© 2012 nivram


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012

Author

nivram
nivram

Tulsa, OK



About
Up an comming writter from Tulsa. Reality is my specialist. more..

Writing
Fairytales Fairytales

A Poem by nivram