A hunger for Innocence.

A hunger for Innocence.

A Story by Bleeding Ink Anthology
"

A vampires taste of childish innocence.

"

 

Darkness consumed the streets this dull night with only one pleasure left alive within the vampyre lords thoughts to consume him.. his addiction to the intoxicating scent of the mortals that lined the earth below him.. but alas, it was not the scent of their sweat slickened flesh or even the familiar smells of smoke and sex.. it was the scent of the ruby essence that dwelled just below the surface of their porcelain white skin.. it was the elixir that kept the male vampyres flesh so vibrant, he almost sparkled under a ray of moonlight..

 

Lestat, as he is known among the world this night, was perched idly on the roof of his Transylvanian castle, peering down to the flocks of worthless peasants he had already had his fill of scents.. ”Such a shame.. your perils of this world, so mediocre.. your flock of men so petty and cowardice.. your scent has become a disease to my senses..” He muttered deafly to himself before he jumped from the building and swept to the ground, disappearing from his place of birth to reappear within the streets of a completely different country. The enveloped array of different scents left him momentarily intoxicated before a small, devious grin licked at the side of his lips.

 

Let the games begin..” He said to himself, his optics floating around until they fell upon the scent of innocence.. the scent of a small girl, lost in a city of wonder..

 

The vampyre tugged his hooded jacket against his muscular frame once before he stalked over to the young child, his optics a beautiful shade of ebony as he dropped his tall frame down to her level and peered into her eyes.. ”Children the age of yourself shouldn’t be out this late..” He muttered, his voice angelic in the night masquerading centuries of deception. ”I don’t talk to strangers.” The young girl said, shy and soft her words they almost brought a beat to the cold heart of the vampyre. ”And you shouldn’t.. but am I a stranger?” The vampyre spoke again, offering his pale hand to the childe.

 

A smile adorned the vampyres lips as she took his hand, her innocent hues wide with excitement as the vampyre wrapped his fingers around her slender hand and tugged her away from the street. ”Do you like games?” Lestat mused as he walked through the dark alley with the child. ”Of course.” The reply so innocent and filled with childish glee.. the vampyre smiled and stopped walking, he turned and lowered his frame down again, peering deeply into the child’s eyes. ”Do you trust me?” The vampyre lord spoke again, his voice masquerading deception so sweet, the girl was in awe.. ”I..I..I want to go home!” The girl pleaded, seeing the glimmer of evil deep within the vampyres hues. ”You are home.” Lestat whispered lunging forward with a speed no other vampire could reckon with..

 

The pin point precision of his enamel points were a perfection the vampyre had learned to master.. his sharp fangs had already pierced the young victims ivory flesh and the force of his jaw sent her head lolling onto the side nearly snapping her neck.. The taste of innocence so sweet on the vampyres lips now, he was momentarily consumed by the scent this young female possessed.. He savoured her taste, his velvet tongue caressed to small holes upon her flesh before he pulled his fangs from the confines of her throat and let a hungered growl erupt from his lips to fill the night. The vampyre held the girl for a moment before he carried her away from the alleyway and placed her body delicately into the darkness.. Maybe.. Just maybe she was strong enough to survive.. to turn.. to become his.. he would know, he would sense it and he would return.. though it never happened.. never.. It seemed he was forever destined to remain alone..

 

 

© 2008 Bleeding Ink Anthology


Author's Note

Bleeding Ink Anthology
all reviews welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lestat? A child possibly turning vampire (or vampyre as you spelled it)? Sounds like an Anne Rice short.

Grammar is something you need to keep an eye out for. Captalize at the beginning of a sentence, new paragraph when a new person speaks, dialogue does not need a different font just quotation marks, etc. Your descriptions were ok, though a little confusing at times. When you write "her innocent hues" what do you mean? The word hue refers to colors. What are innocent colors?

This was also extremely fast paced for my tastes. Maybe if it was slowed down a bit?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'd just like to state. That just became I used the name lestat and mentioned the girl MAY turn from the fact lestat didnt kill her. Does not make this an Anne Rice short. It wasnt wrote that way. And I havent even read the books.

Thanks for your review.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lestat? A child possibly turning vampire (or vampyre as you spelled it)? Sounds like an Anne Rice short.

Grammar is something you need to keep an eye out for. Captalize at the beginning of a sentence, new paragraph when a new person speaks, dialogue does not need a different font just quotation marks, etc. Your descriptions were ok, though a little confusing at times. When you write "her innocent hues" what do you mean? The word hue refers to colors. What are innocent colors?

This was also extremely fast paced for my tastes. Maybe if it was slowed down a bit?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2008

Author

Bleeding Ink Anthology
Bleeding Ink Anthology

Cheshire, United Kingdom



About
I am an inventor, a creator. I wear low riders, baggy boy pants and tug my pants cause I�m so boy. I jump in lakes when I�m pissed (drunk). And talk about the future and the un.. more..

Writing