Chapter 2: Goodbye Sweet Home

Chapter 2: Goodbye Sweet Home

A Chapter by Norma Gonzalez
"

Leaving another home, another and last friend

"
             One last look at my room, a room that only lasted for two months in the Los Angeles county. Another call from a customer that brought joy to mother, was the Grace of Spain. She asked for her assistance and mine as well. This only means it is time for me to move to another country in another world. Every house I've known has always just been a spark of memories, sadly I would sit in the middle of my empty room and stare around. Everytime I leave a house there is always a time I would go to my closet and write my name, the day, week, or month I was living in it and when I left it. My name is known I understand that; however, I hate it when realestates would write my name inside the closet to copy it onto the wall and fraudly tell their clients that we Paloma's lived there. What they don't know is that I use a special note at the bottom where I write my quotes to the special person who would one day live in my room.
"Honey, you have a visitor," smiled Patricia as she stoke her head out the door.
"Maria!" I shrieked and ran out my room.
                 To make a friend in short notice is only a miracle to a person like myself. I don't make many friends due to the fact that I move constantly. When I reached the living room I was filled with joy.
"Maria!" I ran towards her and gave her a hug.
"Jennifer," she hugged back with a cry.
Yes, I am Jennifer. In this world of normality I am Jennifer Galvan. To hide our identity my mother and I adopted a new name, the Galvan family. Anyways it isn't as bad as it sounds, it really isn't. People wouldn't believe us that we are the Paloma's, it's best that way. Anywho, I tried using my name and I would be bullied constantly because they wouldn't believe me; therefore, I am Jennifer, Jennifer Galvan.
"I thought I was late," she smiled in tears.
"What brings you here?" I held back from the brace.
She smiled. "I have a gift to give you."
I sighed with a smile.
She looked into her bag and took out a gold box and handed it to me. "I had this specially made for you. I hope you'll love it."
I nodded. "Anything you give me is special for me."
When I opened the box I saw a beautiful bronze necklace that had dangling small figures such as all the seasonal objects and in the middle was a heart locket. As I opened it there was a picture of us three; Maria, I, and my mother.
I looked up at here and felt a tear fall down my check. " Thank you. Your the best friend I can ever have."
I grabbed her for a hug.
Oh crap!
"I got a present for you to. Wait here."
She nodded.
I ran towards my room, well my ex room, and took out the present my mother and I made. She'll love it, I do believe so.
Running back to the living room I smiled and handed her the box.
She blinked.
"My mother and I made it especially for you. It's for Prom," I added as she opened the box. "That way you could make Patrick regret not accepting your invitation to prom."
Her eyes went in shock. "You.....made....these?"
I smiled. "It is a masquerade prom isn't it? I thought it would suit you and the dress mother made."
She shrieked. "I.....am friends with the....Paloma's?"
"That's right honey," mother entered the living room. "And I do hope you can keep a secret. Pandora sure convinced me to trust you and I do hope we can."
She nodded. "Cross my heart I won't tell. So where are you PALOMA'S headed to if I can do ask?"
Mother smiled. "We are off to the Grace of Spain."
Maria clapped. "So you'll be serving the royal family as well aren't you?"
Patricia shrugged. "I haven't been called yet."
Maria sighed. "I have a feeling you'll be called soon. And I envy you Pandora. You might end up meeting the mysterious crown prince, the one who never reveals his face to the public. People say that he is sooooo handsome that he'll make your heart skip a beat."
I grinned. "You and your romantic fantasy s."
Maria giggled. "I can dream can't I."
Beep! Beep! Beep!
"Pandora, the taxi is here. say goodbye and get ready to leave, I already got your bags," called out Patricia.
Maria sighed. "I guess is is goodbye."
I nodded. "You take care of yourself."
She twinkled. "You better call me."
"For sure I will."
I gave her a last huge. "Goodbye Maria."
"Goodbye Jenn.....Pandora."
I gave her a last squeeze and let go.
As I walked out towards the living room I gave a last look at her and closed the door behind me.
When I got in the taxi I looked out my window. The taxi was passing by the school which was getting ready for Prom. I should be there, however I made the choice to be a somebody and not just that pitiful person I used to be before. Looking back at the taxi's window I gave a last look at what my life could have been. So, this is it. Goodbye, Los Angeles.



© 2013 Norma Gonzalez


Author's Note

Norma Gonzalez
Done :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on February 14, 2013
Last Updated on February 16, 2013


Author

Norma Gonzalez
Norma Gonzalez

Hesperia, CA



About
Nothing much, just the fact that I will be writing a lot of romantic fiction teenage novels....it will be CRAZY! more..

Writing
Momma Momma

A Poem by Norma Gonzalez