Chapter 3: Bienvenidos a Espana

Chapter 3: Bienvenidos a Espana

A Chapter by Norma Gonzalez
"

Welcome to Spain

"
             

            I finally understand why the kid in Karate Kid played by Jaden Smith who felt so out of place from a new country, new language and even worse to be rejected by those of his own age. It’s funny how the kid waited in the plane until he landed in China. He couldn’t stay in one whole place, he had to move to be comfortable, but he was too bored. Same here for me, boredom is not my name but craziness isn’t either.

            Feeling the plane land meant that we arrived. In an unfamiliar country that’s for sure.

Hearing Patricia snore her female snore I tapped her. She didn’t answer. Knowing that she is a sound sleeper I tapped her once more. “Mom, we’re here.”

Patricia closed her mouth and snapped awake. “Wasn’t me.”

I roared in laughter. “Patricia, we’re here you silly.”

Rubbing her eyes with her hand she smiled. “Oh my bad.
Bienveidos a Espana, porfavor esten in sus asientos cuando es su turno pa bajar. Gracias,” said the flight attendant.

“Say what?”

I also was taken by surprise. This is something I’m not used to, a new country means a different language.

“Just do what we always do when we get off a plane,” I said.

“We wait, right?”

I nodded.

Putting my attention out the window I saw a limo waiting outside. Not taking my eyes away from the window I said behind my shoulders. “Mom, don’t tell me that’s our ride?”

Feeling Patricia lean forward she gasped in respond. “Oh no they didn’t.”
“Oh yes they did.”
“Senoritas?” said the flight attendant.

Getting out from our seat we walked towards the exit. Out the exit down the stairs I looked at my mother and whispered in her ear. “Don’t you think you should at least call her Grace?”

“Yup,” she got her phone out and dialed the number.

“Hi this is Patricia Puma Paloma. May I speak to her Grace?” Patricia responded. “Thank you.”

Putting a hand over the phone Patricia laughed. “Interesting, the Spanish people speak differently than the Mexicans although they both speak Spanish.”
I smiled.

“Oh hello your Grace. In any chance did you send a limo at the airport?…..No, no, no it is here your Grace the problem is…..excuse me?……No he did not do anything to us actually we just passed him and he seems gentile……Yes your Grace the car is clean I just wanted to say that you did not need to send us a limo…..Well I’d rather not get other people’s attention……I’d rather prevent people to raise questions that the Paloma’s are here……Thank you for your generosity but my daughter and I would rather take the taxi……See you shortly than your Grace,” Patricia hanged up.

Catherine shockingly looked at me. “Wow she sure knows how to talk.”

I giggled.

            Once we got our luggage’s we walked out the airport and yelled for a taxi. A lot of taxi’s instantly stopped. Okay. I thought. Getting in the taxi Patricia huffed.

“Um do you speak English?” asked Patricia.

“Perdon senorita no hablo en ingles,” answered the taxi man.

“Um we would like to go to her Grace’s mansion…you know casa,” Patricia used her hands to describe what she means.

Rolling my eyes I took the paper from her hand that has the address and gave it to the taxi man. “Please.”

He nodded. “Si senorita.”

Patricia turned red on the face in response in her actions. “I swear if I did not have you with me I would be arguing with the taxi man.”

I hugged her and laughed. “Don’t worry I won’t be leaving you any sooner.”

Patricia smiled and patted my hand. “I’ll be holding you on that.”

I laughed.

            Looking out the window I saw the beauty of Spain. Everything I saw was something so new and something I would love to study on. I love history so everything I see is something interesting to learn about. Every single object has its own history and that’s what makes it interesting. Passing the Prado Museum of Madrid, I instantly couldn’t get my eyes off from it. “Hey mom, I want to go there.”

Patricia smiled. “You sure can’t give history a time out don’t you.”

I shocked my head in turn.

“Fine when we have a schedule less full, okay?”

I nodded.

            Seeing all this history is a dream. Passing all of it and the beauty of Spain the taxi drove to the right and drove up a large hill. Driving up the so many millionaire or billionaire mansions makes my mouth drop open in astonishment. Yes, Patricia and I have enough money actually way too much money to build ourselves a castle of our own but we rather have a small house in which you can call it home.

            Reaching to the toppest hill we came to a stop in front of the biggest gate in the street. The gate is tremendous and incredible valuable. I bet they have used that same gate ever since the first Grace in Spain.

“Va ser 360 euros,” the taxi man broke the silence.

I nodded to Patricia. “Pay the taxi man mom.”
“Okay,” she smiled. Smiling she took out her wallet and opened it. Her smile instantly faded slowly when she looked inside.

“What?”

She looked at me with her eyes way open in shock when she took out what she was shocked about. The money in her hand was not in Euros but dollars.

“MOM!”

She blushed. “I forgot. I was too busy trying to avoid the limo conductor.”

“Stay here mom,” I said.

“Okay.”

Walking out of the car I went up the buzzer speaker and pressed the button.

“Bueno?” a man answered.

“Oh, um do you speak English?”

“Yes, senora.”
“Oh good, um my name is Pandorania Puma Paloma and …..”

He interrupted before I had the chance to finish. “Ah, senorita Pandorania, yes come in.”

The Gate instantly opened.

Looking at the Gate I talked into the buzzer once again. “We may have a problem sir.”
“Yes?”

Embarrassed I tried my best to explain to him our situation. “My mother accidentally forgot to exchange the money into euros and we don’t know how we’re going to pay the taxi man. Can Her Grace help us?”

“Tell el conductor to drive in the driveway and Her Grace will be there in a moment,” said the man.

“Thank you.”

“What happened?”

Turning to face Patricia I saw her leaning out of the window of the taxi. “He wants us to go in the driveway.”
Walking around the taxi I got in. “Can you go into the driveway please.”
He stared back at me, meaning he did not understand.

I pointed to the driveway.

“Ah, si senora,” the man nodded and understood.

            Then the car moved once again passed the huge Gate. The Gate is great but the entrance is even better. You can see the trees on each side of the entrance and up you can see the leaves and branches covering the image of the sky. Passed the trees we came around a water fountain and outside the entrance of the mansion there are some maids and men, probably butlers waiting outside. In front of the steps was a woman wearing a vintage Christian Dior dress, one of a kind.

            Getting out of the car a butler went around the car and paid the taxi man while Patricia and I got our luggage’s out of the taxi.

“Bienvenido’s a Espana,” smiled the woman. “I’m Annabelle.” Patricia
and I instantly bowed before her knowing that Her Grace name is Annabelle.

Patricia turned red instantly on the face and coughed. “I thank you for paying our ride but I would like to pay you back in return. If possible double.”
She smiled. “Don’t worry about that. You’ll be designing our clothes for my family and I. It’s the least I can do.”
“I was wondering if there is any exchange markets to exchange my money.”
“Don’t worry I can change it for you right now.”

Patricia hesitated. “I don’t want to be of a bother….”
Her Grace shook her head. “No that‘s nonsense. I got too much money to even worry about.”

Patricia laughed. “Tell me about it.”
I grinned.

“Well give your luggage’s to my maids and follow me,” Her Grace walked ahead gesturing us to follow.

I felt a tug in my luggage and heard Patricia whine. “Oh no you don’t. I’m taking my luggage.”
“Please ma’am Her Grace wants us to take it in for you,” said one of the maids.

“Nu-uh, I’m taking my tools and clothes with me,” grumbled Patricia.

            I don’t care less if they take my luggage or not but in this case Patricia doesn’t trust anyone with her tools. Tools that don’t cost a fortune but tools that’s started everything from our success. They are valuable and irreplaceable.

“Please senora let the maids do their job,” said the butler gently.

            He grabbed Patricia’s luggage but she refuses to let go. The butler win’s anyways because of his force.

“At least let me take my tools,” complained Patricia.

The butler scowled at her.

That definitely made Patricia’s mouth shut.

I giggled in response.

            Walking inside the huge door and mansion I was astonished. This whole place is made of rich oak, gold, portraits, and elegant furniture’s. The stairs, the lamps, the rugs, vases, etc. Everything that you have dreamed of. Following her Grace up the stairs she took us to a room that we will be staying for the day until tomorrow we do the uniforms.

“I hope you like it. We had it cleaned especially for you. I wouldn’t want the Paloma’s to feel uncomfortable,” smiled Her Grace.

Observing the room, the room is way okay for Patricia and I. I don’t seem to feel anything less than comfortable.

“This would do fine,” we both said.

Her Grace laughed.

“Well we should start as soon as possible,” said Patricia. “Got a lot of other clients your Grace.”
“Sure, let me get my husband and son,” Her Grace said. Heading out of the room all the maids that took our luggage’s to the room left right behind Her Grace.

“So….” I jumped to the bed.

Patricia smiled and jumped to the bed beside me. “So…..this is a new beginning. Are you excited?”
Looking up the ceiling that has a painting full of angels, I smiled. “Yes.”
  


© 2013 Norma Gonzalez


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Norma Gonzalez
Done

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for ur comment....I'll keep that in mind :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very brief, so there's no point talking about the plot, but a few notes - the word is 'cannot', and there's no reason to capitalize 'airplane' in the second sentence. Check your grammar and spelling, and make sure you have a good reason for the pop culture reference to Karate Kid. It limits your potential audience and can come across as somewhat pastiche.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Norma Gonzalez
Norma Gonzalez

Hesperia, CA



About
Nothing much, just the fact that I will be writing a lot of romantic fiction teenage novels....it will be CRAZY! more..

Writing
Momma Momma

A Poem by Norma Gonzalez