Prologue - Siren

Prologue - Siren

A Chapter by nseddy

               I sit here on the rocky ledge overlooking the deep blue Aegean Sea.  The sea had been still as a mirror over the last few days. Now it was growing angry, white caps showing as the warm Mediterranean breeze picks up.  I tell myself the breeze is the reason for the change of the sea.  Deep down, I know better, something more sinister is at work.  My mind wanders as I lower my head to the craggy rocks below, I see our sailboat, bobbling up and down, anchored not far off shore.  Why did Caleb bring us here, I begged him not too.  Now I am dejected, all hope of happiness gone.  But I have a decision to make, one I don’t want to make.  Let’s start from the beginning Ivy, that might make this decision easier, I tell myself half heartily.  You have until sundown to make up your mind, you might as well use the time wisely.



© 2014 nseddy


Author's Note

nseddy
This is the prologue for my unfinished short story/novella Siren. PLease let me know what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is a good start. it's pretty interesting and I really like the descriptions given for the scenery. however you should try making it a bit longer and adding some more detail otherwise though great job.


Posted 9 Years Ago


I really enjoyed the imagery that you created in this scene. The prologue contains a lot of great details without giving away too much. It makes me want to read more!

My suggestion is to add a question mark after "Why did Caleb bring us here?" and then make the rest of the sentence a new sentence.

I can't wait to read more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


nseddy

10 Years Ago

Thanks again for the review. Yes your right about that sentence, i will fix it. Thanks!
You did a very good job explaining the sea, the breezer and the entire environment. I am guessing she is contemplating suicide, but I shall read further to find out whether I am right.

I just advise you to keep an eye out for runons- for example, " Deep down, I know better, something more sinister is at work. " From "something" on can be a new sentence.

Posted 10 Years Ago


nseddy

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and comments on runons. I will take a look at that.
I enjoyed this :) I think the font needs to be a bit bigger and maybe add paragraphs. This doesn't catch your eye to read it at first. Well written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nseddy

10 Years Ago

Thanks Taylor, yes i see what you mean. I work on this

thanks again!
"I lower my head to the craggy rocks" After thinking it through - I realize you mean that you looked down. Consider rewording for clarification.

Is some of this dialogue? Quotations would help.

"something sinister is at work" I'm intrigued. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nseddy

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and comments i take another look at that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014


Author

nseddy
nseddy

Boston, MA



Writing
Possession Possession

A Story by nseddy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..