NEW WAR Prelude

NEW WAR Prelude

A Story by Dreadnought Oblivion
"

Read it review it, give me some drive to make a new chapter, with more fighting

"

New War

Earth, First war

            Zeke was alone; he had only his gun and two grenades. An explosion rocked the foundation of the ruined building and the north wall crumbled to pieces. His position was now compromised, where the wall once stood were two armored Razlers, basic ground troopers belonging to the Serfkora Royal Army. Zeke leapt behind a distorted and war charred book shelf before the Razlers could spot him. He took a moment to catch his breath and then disarmed the safety of his rifle, smothering it to contain the click it would release. A moment or two passed before the Razlers entered the building, their own weapons shouldered. Zeke instinctively crouched low below a hole in the bookshelf and loaded a clip into the rifle, again smothered. One Razler, slightly bigger than the other approached the west side of the room, where the bookshelf stood ready to kill whatever moved. Ready for confrontation, Zeke shouldered his gun and aimed at where he guessed the Razler’s head would be. When the enemy came into view, Zeke let loose two rounds of shots the first knocking the Razler back and its helmet off, the second to pierce the horrifying face that was underneath it. As the round sunk into the monstrosity’s skull, it twitched for a while, then dropped its weapon and fell onto its chest, dead with a puddle of white gore forming around it. The second was quick to pounce into action. It began to shoot a constant round of bullets into the bookshelf as it hurried towards its fallen partner. Zeke rolled to avoid the shots, and quickly released his own stream of lead towards the Razler. A few rounds later the creature fell to floor in a collapsed pile, dead.

            Adrenaline still pumping, Zeke quickly gathered supplies from the Razlers, ammo, grenades, and he picked up one of their side arms to replace the one he had lost earlier. As he calmed himself down he refreshed his emptied gun, and clipped the grenades to notches on his uniform’s belt. The Razler’s also both carried melee weapons, light staff like weapons that released a charge of electricity much like a taser. He scooped up the weapon with the most charge and left the now open room before more enemies arrived.

            The building was once a trade center for Earth after their first extra terrestrial contact, with a bipedal, lizard like race. From that point on, humanity became a global trade stop, uniting the world for common purposes. Then wars broke out and, try as the might to stay neutral, Earth humans were dragged into stellar conflict. The main opponent of the Earth was a large conglomerate of planets and species:  the Serfkora Empire. The building Zeke was now racing through was quickly targeted, and all people within a 10 mile radius were devastated.

            Zeke raced through a destroyed hall that connected the room he was just in to the stairwell. To his sides were the remains of once glorious location, now in shambles. There were massive chunks of the hall way that had capsized to the ground, leaving Zeke to hop and leap through most of the path. When he reached the stairs Zeke looked around, there were corpses strewn around and blood splattered on the walls in a pattern that could pass as abstract art. He could hear the scurry of the remaining enemy troops searching for more humans, others had been sent to examine the nearby Space Port Zonelae, named after the scientist credited with the creation of Earth’s gigaspeed generators. In order to ensure easier movement below, Zeke unclipped a bounce grenade, and a seeker bomb, and tossed them over the edge. In an instant the floor below was consumed by explosions, the grenades had done their job and killed many of the remaining cavalry, but also set off traps set by the Earth soldiers, creating a spreading wave of death that overtook the whole ground floor. Before Zeke could celebrate though, the floor beneath him gave way as a seismic mine detonated, and began to finish the demolition.

            As the floor under Zeke’s feet gave way, he reached for the railing of the stairs near him, and pressed his body close to it. Ruble fell to the ground almost knocking Zeke’s grip off, but he held firm even as the stairs gave way and the rail flailed around in mid air. After a few moments, the tremors ceased, and eventually the downpour of ruins also ended. Zeke tried to steal a peek below twisting his body to see. That sudden movement pulled the dangling rail from the wall it was perched on; what would have been a crippling two story fall was cut into less than half by the mound of debris that had gathered on the ground. He landed with a thud on a large piece of dry wall, and then bounced a little before settling on a carpeted piece of floor. Zeke caught his breath and then tried to do a self diagnostics; nothing seemed broken, but his whole body ached, and he was bleeding in many places. After a while, Zeke climbed carefully to the bottom of the mound, and went to search for some replacement supplies and a new staff weapon, he must’ve lost the other one at some point. He gathered the new equipment and left for the courtyard.

            Zeke saw a supply packed that had obviously just been dropped; it was stuffed to its fullest with food drinks and medical supplies. He took a piece of jerked meat and a swig of water, and then flung the pack on his shoulders. He decided to cross the courtyard and search for anything to help him out of this mess.    

As Zeke crossed the remains of the tower’s courtyard he spotted something in the distance that made his whole body stop, a rolling Serfkora transport, more troops were fast approaching. A battle had just finished here, between the Earth’s ground defense troops, and Serfkora’s invasion cavalry units. Comprised mostly of Razlers like the ones Zeke had just slain, the invasion force quickly overtook the battalion of soldiers gathered here. There was only one hope for Zeke, he would have to cross through the ruins of Space Port Zonelae and contact a nearby command module. Death to stay here, suicide mission to go to Zonelae, he was adamant on option B.

© 2010 Dreadnought Oblivion


Author's Note

Dreadnought Oblivion
Give me some motovation, no flameing, no grammar checks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a really engrossing piece of work....your piece is thoroughly exciting and action packed ,but a prologue would be an excellent idea to give everyone a clue what it is zeke is here for and other similar questions...for every war theres a reason and explanation....most of the time...!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Pretty good, can't wait to see more, just make it more exciting. I seemed that we were reading just a list. Add some more excitement! That's what it's all about. Like if your poistion was compromised what enemies are there, what weapons are they using? Also background, did he join the Razlers for a cause, why is Zeke here is what I want to know. Describe Zoelae okay, why is it a suicide mission!!! I already like Zeke, I just want to know more! I want to know more about this war!! Please keep writting! Best wishes,
-Eloise

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Dreadnought Oblivion
Dreadnought Oblivion

Some Town, PA



About
Im a student, but between school, sports, college prep stuff, and chores; there isn't much time in my days more..

Writing