Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
SAVAGE:: COMBAT

SAVAGE:: COMBAT

A Story by Dreadnought Oblivion
"

A short chapter, but full of violence. It's rather shallow, without an attempt at any deeper meaning, but I tried to make it as exciting as possible. Please read and review

"

SAVAGE

COMBAT

The fox that moved first was pounced on by Ike. They grappled in the dirt, claws lashing, bodies rolling. The fox quickly got a clean hit on the side of Ike's face, blood dripped onto the ground. The retaliation was instantaneous; Ike's claws found the exposed neck of the attacker, and clamped tightly. The fox gasped for air, his lungs compressed by Ike's muscular legs. Eventually the struggling ceased leaving Ike to finish his opponent with a fatal bite on the neck. As their battle ended, another two foxes came to Gray. His response was a slash of his own claws. He hit the closer fox in the face; it spun in place before it retaliated with its own slash. The hit landed clean on Gray's face, knocking him backwards. He recovered quickly however, and took a defensive stance, prepared to strike again, or defend if necessary. The two wolves set upon him again, fangs reared and claws at the ready.

Gray dashed forward and put momentum behind his next slash. He clipped the first fox in the nose, then followed up with a slash at it's mouth. It rolled over in pain, vulnerable. Gray's mind went blank with the thought of killing a fox, he put his remorse behind one last attack on his enemy.

They blow never made contact. The second fox tackled Gray before he could finish the kill. In an instant the fox had taken over, Gray was pinned to the ground, helpless. The beast had it's fangs bared, saliva dripping from it's mouth. Gray tried to roll to his left, the fox on top pressed down on his legs and pushed his face close to Gray's. With malice in it's voice, the fox whispered obscenities and insults into Grays ears. Then he said something that changed everything in the fight,

I've decided, you will die today, and soon after, the whole wolf regime will come with you.”

Gray had never felt such rage before, anger erupted from every pore in his body. His hatred augmented his strength, adrenaline rushed through his system. The fox's head was still close by, Gray whipped up the strength, and bashed his head against his enemy's. Both let out a howl, but immediately the fox loosened it's grip and Gray wrestled his way out. The fox was still trying to regain it's senses as Gray neared it. The other enemy was still feeling the effects of it's wounds and didn't try to stop Gray. Sheer anger changed Gray's perspective, if these enemies didn't die tonight, he had failed. Gray swiped at the head-butted fox, knocking it over on its back.

Take your words to the afterlife!”

Gray slashed at the fox, anger, hatred, fear, excitement, rage, adrenaline, all of them added power to his attack. The air was filled with the sound of cracking ribs mixed with the swish of gore pouring out of the wound. Within seconds the life had escaped the fox. Gray picked up it carcass and tossed it casually to other wounded fox. Gray was berserk, his blood-lust carried him to the other animal. The wounded fox's eyes became clouded with fear, it whimpered as it faced death. Gray, however, was beyond mercy; he was at a level of sadism that would only be satiated when these attackers were fell.

Gray threw his right fore-paw around the foxes neck and raised its head above the ground. Its eyes darted around with fear and anticipation, as if it had resigned to death, and welcomed it. Gray slammed the fox's head into the ground. There was a dying whelp from the victim, followed by a satisfying crunch as flesh and bone met stone and dirt, a crunch which Gray savored.

The rest of the battle wasn't proceeding so smoothly. Kurt and Bull were in over their head, with only one of the five dead, leaving two on one odds for both of them. Ike had fared a little better, felling 4 opponents himself, while protecting Felix. There were still three on one; Ike was hurt but refused to allow Felix to get involved.

One enemy was approaching Ike from the flank as he was distracted by the other two in front of him. Felix was settled on the far side, keeping his eyes trained on the panther who had lead the attack.

Gray darted over to his captain, fangs reared. As he approached the flanking fox, Gray lowered his body and got under the fox. He raised himself up, flipping his enemy onto its back. Once again he tore the life out of it with a deep gauging slash. Ike had taken another slash to the mouth, well worth it though as he had managed to kill one of the two in front of him with a powerful crunch of his jaw. As Ike recoiled from the mouth wound Gray pounced on the attacker, pinning it to the ground. Gray unleashed a flurry of slashes at the fox's skull. Deep cuts surfaced all over. After a minute of attacks, the fox died. Gray was left a bloody mess, with his wounds still untreated.

Ike limped to Gray's side and barked,

Go help Kurt, I'll get Felix out.”

Felix however was nowhere near them. He had moved in on the Panther who had brought these attackers to his home. It was time for answers, and only one way to get them.

© 2011 Dreadnought Oblivion


Author's Note

Dreadnought Oblivion
Please tell friends to read and review as well. I try to return the favor of reviews. I find them rather motivating, but haven't had one in a while. Please check out my other stories too. I always try to improve my work

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 5, 2011
Last Updated on March 5, 2011

Author

Dreadnought Oblivion
Dreadnought Oblivion

Some Town, PA



About
Im a student, but between school, sports, college prep stuff, and chores; there isn't much time in my days more..

Writing