NEW WAR::  NOT JUST A WALK IN THE PARK!

NEW WAR:: NOT JUST A WALK IN THE PARK!

A Story by Dreadnought Oblivion
"

this story chronicles Zeke's wondrous battle in the halfway point between the trade tower, and the space port.

"

NEW War:

Not Just a Walk in the park:

            The Serfkora transport was approaching the tower ruins fast, by this time the roar of its engines seemed as loud as a low flying jet. Zeke wasted no time; he turned and headed toward the path leading to his only chance, Zonelae space port.

            There was a long path between Federation Trade Tower 121 and the Space Port Zonelae and it was a beautiful path surrounded by a high reach wood. It started with a weak slope that lead to a long winding side walk that broke off to loop around a serene lake, with a garden that, when looked upon from a high place, showed a gorgeous designs of the planet earth, before leading to another slope back up to where Zonelae was. Now though, the Serfkora invasion squads had burned everything, even the lake had been vaporized.

            There was about a mile of distance from the middle of the front courtyard to the path, but with Zeke’s long strides and adrenaline fueled fast pace he reached the first block of the path quickly. From the top of the slope partially concealed behind a large tree Zeke stole a quick look at the path below. Scattered loosely around the path was about a dozen Razler soldiers. That was the least of his worries though; besides the Razlers there was a massive Insect looking creature. The monster wore incredibility dense armor featuring a shiny red metallic paint coat. The creature was armed with a rocket launching gun and several other heavy artillery weapons; this creature was a Krostile, the largest ground unit the Serfkora had ever shown. Zeke tried to estimate his chances, they were to spread out for a grenade, and to numerous for a frontal assault; guerilla warfare was the only option.

            Zeke glanced behind him; the transport was almost upon the tower now, too late to do anything about that now. Instead of staying open and vulnerable, he dashed into the woods and to the edge of the slope. Zeke braced himself and loaded his gun before starting down the hill. As soon as he started down there was a blur of movement to his left, he turned to face it, weapon shouldered. A Razler was approaching him! In a fit of surprise, Zeke lost his footing and began to roll into a tree about the middle of the hill. His head bashed off of the trunk, disorientation soon followed. The Razler was quick to swoop in on his position, but then when death seemed imminent, the monster hesitated. Fighting off a pounding headache and foggy vision, Zeke took the best aim he could and shot off as many rounds as he had in a clip into the monster’s chest. It stood for a moment before finally keeled over, dead. The Razler had a weak weapon, and little ammo left so Zeke left its belongings behind.

            He tried to shake off the foggy feeling before he stood up, eventually his visions focused and his headache calmed to a dull throb. He got to his feet shakily and reloaded his weapon. The ground was still spinning, and his whole body was shaking but he pressed onwards anyway one slow controlled step at a time. As he approached the bottom of the slope he noticed the burnt carcasses of the animals’ native of these woods. Birds lay covered with a coating of chars, foxes with the same black coating. There was one body though that stood out, at first it could have been mistaken as an animal, but when he really looked at it, he saw that it was a human corpse. The body was burnt, but he could see the bullet holes still, and from the look of his clothing’s remains, he was a civilian. Rage cleared his head, blinding anger overcame the pain in his head, but he was smart enough to control himself from rushing in with guns blazing.

            Save for going back to the tower that was now probably crawling with Serfkora soldiers, the only other option that wouldn’t immediately kill him was to climb one of the trees and snipe some off. It took him awhile but he managed to climb up the tree and nestled himself on a thick limb. His gun had no scope, so his shots would have to involve patience. He shouldered the rifle and looked through the sight; the nearest Razler was still too far for a reliable shot to land, so he waited calm and steady. For a half an hour no one came close enough for a clean shot and for a while he debated rethinking his plans. Then it happened; two Razlers suddenly bolted upright and walked in a marching line, one directly behind the other. Zeke took the chance to reload his gun with piercing clips, and within the minute they were in perfect angle for a twofer head-shot. He held his breath, steadied his hands, and relaxed. Then Ba-booom, boom, click! He only had two rounds of piercing shots, and not going to take chances, used both. White blood splattered out of their helmets, and then a high pitched squeal of agonizing pain shattered the lull of the valley lake. An angry roar exploded from the Krostile’s four pronged mouth. Three other Razler’s rushed into the woods, the other seven formed a semi circle around the Krostile. Zeke unclipped a frag grenade and chucked towards the incoming party. The explosion sent two of the advancing Razler’s back knocked off of their feet; the other’s head was blown off, and was flying around the valley. A fresh clip went into the rifle, and Zeke polished off the two other advancers. The Krostile barked another roaring command at the other Razlers; two more broke off in a full sprint, shooting a wave of bullets into the forest. They were much faster than other Razler’s and their armor glistened in the sun. Zeke shot off another burst, but they ricocheted off of the polished armor these Razler’s wore. It made sense now; these two were Advanced Guards, higher ranked soldiers that had better abilities in combat. Zeke pulled out his handgun, with a slower rate of fire, this gun had more power per shot. He took close aim, and let out two bullets into the side of one of the Razler’s helmets. After the fifth shot landed it went limp, white blood everywhere. The second wasn’t too stupid; it realized the shots were coming from above and reloaded, spraying hot bullets into the canopy above.

            Zeke leapt from his spot to another limb behind the tree trunk and then killed the other Razler as well. Now the Krostile was pissed, it pointed to the tree tops and roared, scattering the last five Razlers in an attack formation Zeke recognized from the battle at the tower, albeit lacking a few soldiers. The Krostile itself launched rockets to the treetops, knocking many of the dead trees down. The whole forest had already been devastated by the prior attacks, so it came as a surprise for Zeke to see some of them so strong. A nearby explosion rocked the tree, forcing Zeke roughly towards the ground below.

            In desperate struggle, Zeke grabbed for anything to hold onto and caught a branch dangling from a tree that had had its top blown off. He stopped for a moment, and then the branch gave way. Back in a state of free fall Zeke’s hands flailed aimlessly in an attempt to remain aloft and catch onto good holding again. This time he caught his hand in a hollow of the tree he had fallen out of. He had dropped his gun in his fall as well as his side arm; he was still too far up to land safely, but he had no time to debate his options this time. Another rocket tore through the forest, and this one knocked the tree Zeke was hanging from out of the ground.

            Zeke pressed his feet up against the base of the tree and kicked off, flying forward. He landed crouched and then rolled away from the falling tree. When he was in the clear from being crushed, he got back into a crouch and looked around. He noticed first that his guns were under the tree trunk now, useless to him. Then he realized that two of the Razlers were killed by stray rockets, and another had been under the tree. That left two of them. Zeke pulled out the melee weapon and activated it. Still crouched in a fighting stance he waited for movement. This is where the super soldier training kicked in. One Razler appeared suddenly behind the fallen tree, and came in shooting spurts of bullets towards Zeke’s head. He had just enough time to duck and roll before losing his brain, and then preformed a sweeping motion with the staff. The electroshocks made the Razler flinch, giving Zeke his opening. Zeke flung the top part of his staff into the jaw of the Razler, knocking it back; he then smashed it into the side of the monster’s helmet. Zeke kept pressure there, administering constant shock waves into its head. After a minute or so, the thing was dead. The last Razler also withdrew his staff, a higher end model. This one was also part of the Advance Guard, so it was granted better equipment. It leapt at Zeke, weapon ready for a humanly fatal attack. Its rank gave it enough confidence to attack with equal weapons, it had a death wish. Zeke knocked the Razler’s attack to the side, and then flung his own into the monster’s abdomen. Zeke gave one last brutal stab to its neck, piercing the shield polished armor, and bursting through its fleshy neck. Needless to say it was slain. Yet, another rocket explosion nearby reminded Zeke that this battle was not over.

            Zeke could see through the fallen trees that the monstrous Krostile was still there, angry as ever. It was brandishing its rocket launcher with one hand, a testament to its immense strength. Zeke had only his bloodstained staff with half of its charge, and three grenades left to combat the towering Krostile.

            It attacked first; firing a rocket straight towards Zeke, its trail of fire ignited the dead woods. Zeke rolled out of the way and then again to get in an advantageous position. He was crouched again, staff out, ready for his next move. He ignored the massive explosion from the rocket. The monster aimed its launcher again and pulled the trigger. Zeke leapt to his left and landed in the same crouched position, but no rocket had launched, it was empty. The monster’s face went blank for a moment before it roared again. It dropped the gun and sprinted for the ammo bank they had stored in the dried up lake. Zeke took a deep breath and looked around for help. He had ended up near where the one Razler had its head blown off. The decapitated carcass still had a working side arm and some extra clips for it; the main weapon was shouldered when the grenade detonated, it was useless. Zeke strapped his staff and took the magnum and some clips, as well as more grenades. The Razler’s staff had also been damaged in the explosion. By this time the Krostile was back in its original positions and was reloading the launcher.

            The gun was not nearly human looking. The barrel was long and expanded to vast proportions at the end, and the rockets were loaded in to these bud like extensions that, when being reloaded, opened up like a flower. It took a while to load the heavy rockets into the gun, but the Krostile’s incredible strength made it a much quicker process. By the time Zeke had readied his small gun, the monster had released two rockets that twirled around each other, heading straight for him. Zeke hopped forward and fell to the ground, from his laying position he shot of six bullets at the Krostile’s massive head. They embedded themselves in the flexible shock absorbing armor of the Krostile and bounced right out. The monster seemed to chuckle as it stomped on the wasted bullets.

            The fire was spreading now; it had caught onto a lot of the nearby trees and was destroying much of the right side of the forest. The Krostile didn’t care, he shot off every last of the rockets, sweeping the ground in all directions:  Up, Down, Left, Right, Middle, everywhere Zeke could have dodged. He shot at the bottom row of rockets hoping to detonate them faster, he managed to shoot one hard enough to throw it into the one to its left, the collision caused an explosion that soon detonated the whole lot of them.

            The creature was mad now; it had to run back for more rockets. It turned to run, exposing an exposed section that gave Zeke a great shot. He quickly reloaded his gun and ran forward, shooting from the hip at the exposed flesh of the Krostile. When the first bullets pierced the fiend it fell forward in pain, but quickly continued. Zeke acted fast though. He ran forward, still shooting, and threw two of his grenades at the dried lake. The detonation was merciless. The cache of rockets detonated in a spectacular fashion. A groan of agony told Zeke that his large opponent was dying.

            A few minutes later, Zeke was barricaded in a small building once used for housing various gardening equipment. He had barricaded it, and activated its defense shielding that allowed it to survive the first attack. Zonelae could wait, he needed rest.                           

© 2010 Dreadnought Oblivion


Author's Note

Dreadnought Oblivion
Once again thank you for reading, my grammar skills are not the best. Please review and tell anyone who might enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"he needed rest" --how much rest? i am anxious to hear the rest of your tale! ;)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on February 24, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2010

Author

Dreadnought Oblivion
Dreadnought Oblivion

Some Town, PA



About
Im a student, but between school, sports, college prep stuff, and chores; there isn't much time in my days more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5