Can�t go Home to Stay

Can�t go Home to Stay

A Poem by NubianGoddess24

I love my family to death and I’m very blessed to have them in my life. Even though we don’t always get alone I still love them but I can’t go home to stay.

 

The monster lives in my neighborhood. He still walks the streets when it’s not cold. I see him almost every day. He hurt me when I was six, I was so glad to see him leave at 8. I don’t know where he went but it was a short period of time.

 

Imagine being hurt for 2years and still have to walk to school and be around the person who hurt you. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

 

It’s the perfect place to live. Quiet and everyone knows you, very protective area. Too many bad memories in that area, on that street, in that house. I’d rather stay home save up money and buy the house of my dreams but I can’t.

 

I’ve come so far from how I use to be. Staying there more than two years is impossible. I can’t go back and I’m not going to. Finally I can sleep at night, some nights without nightmares.

 

For my mental state I will never be able to really live there like I use to again. No matter how much I want to, I can’t go home to stay.
©NubianGoddess24

© 2008 NubianGoddess24


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 21, 2008

Author

NubianGoddess24
NubianGoddess24

charles county, MD



About
Reflections New memories, new thoughts, new words an improved me. The words help me escape, well at least they use to. I�m not running anymore, no where to hide, nothing can stop me now. .. more..

Writing