Chapter Two: A Past Unraveled

Chapter Two: A Past Unraveled

A Chapter by Jimmy.
"

Queen Alea's past has alot more to do with the present than she think's...

"

Chapter 2. A past unraveled

Elves and orcs scattered the field alike. Few were left alive outside of the walls. Many orcs were slain, but a great deal of elves had been lost also. Today had not been a day of celebration in the kingdom of Arinel, but a day of mourning. Many captains had been lost, including Leion, but a major blow had been cast against the dark empire of Balthazar. The twin dragons made a appearance and had been weakened. But last, but not least. They had gathered enough information to make a plan against the darkness. “ Gather the wounded and take them to the clerics sanctuary. Place the dead into the river. I will be in my chambers. Calandra, please follow me.” the queen instructed. Calandra followed by close and began to speak,” My queen, what is it? Have I done anything wrong.?”. Alea answered “ Calandra, I don’t know what happened. How this happened. Those dragons were locked away centuries ago by my ancestors. Sealed by very ancient magic. They have someone, someone very strong. I’m worried for Arinel, I fear we may not be strong enough for what is coming. I need you and a few other members, to ride to the Kilsen forest and Ingrelm keep .” Calandra replied, “But why, is their something that your not telling me?.. But why them? You know it has been ages since we’ve dealt with either one. The dwarves are too stubborn and the drow wont fight for anyone other than them selves.” “What you don’t understand is there is a common cause for all of us to join together. Balthazar, will not quit until he rules these lands, all of them. If we could all somehow manage to get over our differences, we could return peace to our lands and possibly return the communication between the three races.” Alea commented. The two strolled up to the castle’s main garden gate, made out of the finest wood around the lands, but embedded with deadly spikes. With one wave of Alea’s hand, the gates swung inward allowing the two open access to the main halls. They walked through the marble corridors to the queen’s throne room. Alea took the floor once again “ Calandra, I need to tell you something”, with a flick of her wrist her chamber doors slammed shut “ I know who released the dragons.. He was once a elf, he lived in this very palace. We studied magic together, and had many adventures. Once I took the role of queen, he became my most trusted advisor. We worked side by side, spending much time together. Then the time came when power corrupted him. He began to steal things from the library, and ancient artifacts from the crypts down below. I had caught him, sneaking through the cellars carrying out tomes and ancient very powerful magical devices. I pleaded with him to stop, otherwise I would have to use force. ‘He replied “You? Stop me? Weak little queen, why don’t you have one of your petty mages stop me?” I had no choice but to stop him, ' “Kale! do you not know who I am, who I studied under? I am not scared of you. I will send you to your grave if I have too. “ At that exact moment Kale sent a ball of fire towards my robes, I quickly retaliated with a swift counter spell, sending the orb right back towards him. He hissed in excitement, and then out of no were he had sent a stream of lightning towards my chest. I leaped to side, nearly being electrocuted to death. I swept the ground with my finger and a ripple of shockwaves knocked him off of his feet. I took the advantage, once I noticed he had lost his balance and I began to conjure a elemental orb. He quickly began uttering syllables that even I couldn’t understand. Out of the side of my eye, I saw the wizard’s guild approaching with orb’s in hand. For some reason it seemed like they couldn’t see anything. Kale must have casted an invisibility charm on the area, while I had fell to the ground and at that exact moment a dark skull appeared in the palms of his hands. I warned him “Kale, don’t do this. This is not you, we grew up together please do not.” He just smiled, no words came out of his mouth. I had quickly began uttering a very strong shield spell, for the incoming spell. Kale didn’t listen. He sent it straight towards me.' "All I remember is seeing the wizards rush toward me and the teleportation of Kale. Moment’s later I was face to face with the elder cleric. He healed me just enough to stay consciousness. I retold what had happened and that was the end of it. I never heard from Kale ever again. Goodnight Calandra, I’m very much drained"



© 2008 Jimmy.


Author's Note

Jimmy.
I'm kinda not sure how this one turned out with going into a flashback. Editing remarks are good, along with content wise. Thanks for everyones thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love how you and I used similar names and terms in our stories lol but overall so far it reminds me of FFXI in some way. The flash back is a little confusing. You should structure your writing so it is easier to read. Reading a blob of writing is a little hard.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is good. I definatley think you should add more to this, but like soulfire said you might want to be careful if you want to get this published. That's why I've never posted even a name from my novel.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The truth is you need to get this finished and published. Dont post much more unless you REALLY need advice. Perfect begining, keep it up.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2008


Author

Jimmy.
Jimmy.

About
amataeur writer more..

Writing
A Waging War A Waging War

A Book by Jimmy.