Chapter Five: Magic, Seeping from the pores

Chapter Five: Magic, Seeping from the pores

A Chapter by Jimmy.
"

I'm sorry its been so long since i've posted. Its been quite awhile, been busy. hope i can rite more soon.

"

Chapter Five: Magic, seeping from the pores

“Kira, drop that light spell now!” commanded Calandra. At that moment the illumination had fell. They couldn’t see a thing, the dark rotten green trees were out of sight along with the black moss that littered the ground. “Shh! Be quiet. I sense someone or something is in the forest with us.” Calandra, slowly lowered her self to the ground, and out of no were a binding purple light had spun around the four wizards. “Who dares to walk through Kilsen forest” hissed a slightly demonic voice. “ We are brethren Drow, we’ll slightly. I am Calandra, High Mage of Arinel, advisor to queen Alea, of the high elves.” “ And what business do High elves have treading through out this forest?” commanded one elf. Calandra answered “ We have traveled far to speak with your leader. The banner of Balthazar fly very close to our lands. We must do something about it, now.” Another Drow answered this time, “ We? We, have nothing to do with the banner of Balthazar, we have remained neutral with them for ages.” another dark elf interrupted the speaker “ Sir, a small group of giants have entered the forest. They are with a sorcerer also. What shall we do about them?” “ Take the others and deal with it, if trouble arrives. Teleport back here immediately and we’ll test the truth of the high elves.” Out of the air, seven green lights had flashed. Calandra had spoken “ Giants usually keep to them selves. You and I know that, they would not be here unless… Balthazar commanded them to. I urge you to trust us and to take us to where they are.” “ Hmm, this could be a trap, but the High elves are known for their trust. I think we will make a visit with the giants, Calandra of Arinel. For I am Leifer, son of Tiren the king of Kilsen forest and do not let me down or their will be grave consequences.” With one flick of his wrist, the purple binds diminished and the high elven wizards had been released. “ Not the best way of making friends, but ok.” sighed Cale. “ Enough dilly dallying we need to get to the rest of my men.” Leifer swiped his hands across the ground and a portal opened “Enter quick, before the seam closes.” The High elves followed suit of Leifer. Into the abyss the fell darkness swarmed them, and then they fell to the ground. Light quickly came back. They could see everything. The trees had been crushed. Two giants were dead, but a great deal of dark bodied elves sprinkled the ground too.” “Leifer, the giants are manageable. But, the sorcerer.. he has powers beyond any I’ve ever seen.” shouted one of Leifers’ lieutenants. Leifer took charge and began to speak “ I’ll show this sorcerer what real power is. Calandra, you and your mages take out the giants! Drow, assist the High elves also.” Calandra nodded and took her mages to the battle fields.” Leifer strided towards the sorcerer. His robes were colored dark, with a very odd symbol of the chest. “ Why have you entered these lands?” hissed Leifer. The sorcerer smiled and laughed “ I am a servant of Balthazar and I’ve been instructed to check out the lands where my future kingdom will be. Hahaha” Leifer shouted “ Never! These lands will never fall against some demonic half breeds!” Leifer quickly conjured up a purple binding like the one used on the high elves, and sent it towards the sorcerer. The binding began to wrap around him, but with one flex of his arms, the binding fell. “ Ha-ha, a simple binding spell will not stop me.” The sorcerer threw his arms towards the black trees and with another wave the tree had uprooted, just hovering their. “Hmm, who should I hit next? Eney meeny miney moe?” with a flick in his hands the tree flung towards the high elves. “ Defensia sheildus” a slab of rock rose from the ground thanks to the quick spell of Tira. The tree pummeled the slab of rock, diminishing it into dirt. Calandra sent a white beam of light towards the last giant standing burning it slightly through it’s left eye. The Drows continually fired poison arrows into the giant’s spine. The giant now went into berserker mode and picked up a tree limb, smashing a few dark elves. Calandra and her fellow high elves became furious all shooting a barrage of orbs straight at the giants heart. It fell to the ground, dust arose with it and it was done. Leifer was panting now, he and the sorcerer had been fighting for what seemed like hours. “Vineus!” Vines shot out of the forest towards the sorcerer from Leifer’s command. A fire circled the sorcerer, and the vines burned out of the fire a bird emerged. Flying straight towards Leifer. Leifer panicked, he never fought with fire before the bird flew straight through him, setting him ablaze “Cale, a water spell immediately!” shouted Calandra. Cale began twirling his hands in the air, rain began to fall directly above Leifer. Setting the flames to just smoke. “You leave him be!” cursed Cale, he had felt extremely bad for what had happen due to the fact his brother was a drow. Cale, whipped out his wand and began to send strings of fire towards the sorcerer “ Here, play with this!” The sorcerer’s robe had caught aflame, but was quickly put out by a simple water incantation. The sorcerer was now furious. He uttered a few un-comprehendible syllables and steeped forward with his hands out. A flaming green skull emerged from his hands, the skull landed smack dab on Cale’s chest. “No!” Calandra screamed. She knew what the purpose of the skull was, to kill. “Kutalichenta!” A white dove sped into the sorcerers area, and then a eruption of light appeared around him. The dove began to encircle the sorcerer, binding him tightly with a white rope. The sorcerer struggled for a few moments, his face cringed due to the fact of the burning rope. “Ahh, Balthazar! Save me!” A piercing dark light engulfed the sorcerer and within one moment, he and the light were gone. Out of the forest came, two dark elves riding spiders.

__________________________________________



© 2008 Jimmy.


Author's Note

Jimmy.
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mel
This is great. It's so creative - a beautiful world of passion and destruction and the magic that flows around everyone.
The only thing that I would suggest is fixing the punctuation, and also starting new lines when a new person speaks. Otherwise, love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
1 Review
Added on April 20, 2008


Author

Jimmy.
Jimmy.

About
amataeur writer more..

Writing
A Waging War A Waging War

A Book by Jimmy.