Living like no tomorrow

Living like no tomorrow

A Poem by Michelle
"

curse me not for being an untamed spirit it is your problem if you cant keep up.

"

“Life is either a daring adventure, or it is nothing.” Hellen Keller


I live for the next adventure, the next city or town..
Enjoy the wind blowing through my hair, the freedom of just being me, living ......

damn me for not being like you, comforming, living in a shell... obeying the cult, with the promise of an unreal Heaven.

I wont sit in the dark, or be afraid to venture out,
to discover that there is life and a world everywhere we look.

Sit in judgement all you like, it is what is is I am who I am, there are no spells that will overcome me.

Calico shadows, shades and multi colored thoughts.
Lemon drop sun and cotton clouds.......

Live in fear, live to please, sit back and waste those moments..
Precious as they all may be, the sand sifts through the hourglass.

Whipped into shape or shades of blue, poisoned cups and bitter taste
where is the beauty and the plan of living, in such moments as these?

Where there is life there should be a moment to breath, to live, to journey.
Love and the effortless moments of it, free and floating like the wind.

Open to the wide open places, in nature, in heart and in soul.....
if we cannot dare, walk through the fields, love like there is no tomorrow
feel the sun on our face, the blood pulse through our veins , the rain on our skin, the beating of anothers heart.

I must ask you, then what is the point of it at all??


note: I wrote this for people who cannot accept the spirit of freedom, the moments in the sun, a day of peaceful surrender...

© 2008 Michelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job i wish i could write this well

Posted 16 Years Ago


This blew me away, stunning wisdom. Well written,

Posted 16 Years Ago


Again very good. The images, the free spirit, they are vivid here. And the last line adding to the contradiction of it all, how we can't be completely free without the answer to that question, because we are always left wondering, "what is the point to it all??" Ah, rhetorical questioning, if any of us could answer you...

Some of my favorite lines:

"Lemon drop sun and cotton clouds......."
"where is the beauty and the plan of living, in such moments as these?"

Again, the contradiction is what I like so much. You give the beauty with such great imagery, only to ask where it has gone, like life's fleeting moments.

One I didn't like so much:

"Precious as they all may be, the sand sifts through the hourglass."

Only because it makes me think of Days Of Our Lives, haha.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2008

Author

Michelle
Michelle

Everywhere I want to be



About
My name is Michelle a name my grandmother insisted on lol. I enjoy writing and love poetry. I have always liked to play around with pen and paper. More later........ more..

Writing
Remember Me Remember Me

A Poem by Michelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spider! Spider!

A Poem by Tania Leigh