Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Chapter 1: End: Beginning.

Chapter 1: End: Beginning.

A Chapter by ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
"

This is the first chapter that was finished a week ago but i'm just posting it now. Please tell of any errors or just have any questions or comments.

"

Declan opened his eyes and saw nothing. Around him, darkness. The smell of burnt flesh and desecrated building was prevalent. Getting up he remembered the moments leading up to the end of days, the end he knew was coming.

Two Hours Prior: [Fri: 11|21|08 9:43AM CT/12:16PM]

Declan’s head was on fire, holding it in his hands his head fell to the desk. The night before his migraine led to a bleeding nose, it was time for him to take his pills or he would fall into the sleep. Asking for the hall pass he went to his locker to retrieve his medication. Down with water and back to class he put the bottle of momentary sanity in his sweater pocket. Back in the class room Declan watched the clock strike 10:00, forgetting to take his pills in the morning wasn’t smart on his part. Doing so now meant mental torture for him only moments ago, the walls were gray as he walked through the halls after the bell rang, lockers, grey, student were like pooled paint blurred together walking past him.

 

Three Weeks Later: [-504:34]

Alkali was sitting in the alley behind the North Forks Facility, Alkali had no name not until after the end anyway. He was a boy when he ran away from home, at eleven he was on his own. His parents faces were nothing but vague and suppressed images. Two days after the apocalypse he watched the school children try to establish themselves. The one who seemed to be the leader, Declan, could move things with his mind. The others all seemed to have magic powers, the girl they called Nevis could shape shift, others could walk through walls, lift anything and even throw fire with his bare hands. After his emotions got to him Alkali found that he as well had abilities like the others establishing his gift after awhile he named himself Alkali. The skies were brighter in the aftermath, he went to the School Children and told him of his story of how he was sleeping underground when it hit and watching his friends die. Declan had told him that the Children were in a cellar under the school with others when the bombs hit, him to watched peers die.

Minutes Before:

As Declan put his lunch tray on the table and pulled up his chair he noticed that others were watching him who he now had come to know as Maleki, Freedman and Crowley with their friends who passed away just after the end. Declan sat down and started to eat, asking for the salt he was harassed by Maleki who before the end was a bully. Declan ran out of the cafeteria and into the hall where he met Nevis. After brushing her off for fear of showing his emotions he went to the washroom and released his stir of emotions out he envisioned moments that were minutes away. Running back to the main lunch hall he tried to tell the others about what he knew was coming but was to timid to try to warn them. After explaining to Nevis that something horrific was about to happen she tried to help him. The ground shook as they followed Declan to the cellar that was beneath the school.

The End:

At 12:11PM Central Time hundreds of experimental weapons of mass destruction struck in North America triggering an international crisis, at 12:39PM Central Time the surface of the world was assaulted by a borage of nuclear bombs which immediately killed everything and made the region hit inhabitable. North Forks, Wyoming was hit with the C-Bomb along with 78.9% of attacked areas on Earth. The places that were hit with nuclear bombs left a desolate waste which had a fall out radius of at the very least fifty miles, at approximately one quarter of habitable land with the most populated areas being struck then left to slowly die out the rest of the world was in a whole new era. Humanity was extinct and only post humanity remained. A smaller percentage of the remainders had taken to the catalyst within the C-Bomb.

Two Hours Post Apocalypse:

Pulse racing Foster could feel pain all around his body his heart felt like it was going to explode. The searing burn all over his body was horrific. As slowly as possible Foster got to his feet, pushing away obstacles as he proceeded to get out of the dark suffocating room which was once his a terrible feeling fell upon him. Light shone bright when he moved the planks from the ceiling that had fell through, in the distance the horizon was flashing and the booming sound of death rung into the air like sirens of hell. Death was imminent. Death never came, yet.

As he got out of the catastrophe he went downstairs, his parents were both dead on the floor, their bodies were charred, whatever happened it happened close by. The pain and agony was so overwhelming, he left the remains and went, nowhere, there was nothing and so he walked until he fell. Over the next two days his body had never stopped beating like it was going to give out. His body was quicker and still gaining speed, something was happening to him. The anger consumed him. When Foster saw others he was that they had changed too, the others were never older then thirty and has abilities like him. The fear of mistrust made him kill anyone that interfered with him.



© 2008 ODMK {Oliver D.M King]


Author's Note

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
Tell me what you think, based on opinion's i will continue with this story.
It is a project i have been thinking about for awhile and possibly turn it into a Graphic Novel or even Novel, i have filmed a teaser for it for a new YouTube page that is TBA on my fan page.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on December 29, 2008


Author

ODMK {Oliver D.M King]
ODMK {Oliver D.M King]

Undisclosed., Canada, Canada



About
I love to write, I am an 'eccentric' YouTuber with an eclectic taste in music. I blog and vlog at least once a week. i plan on being a writer and filmmaker as of right now, just working on that first .. more..

Writing