Freedom Of Expression

Freedom Of Expression

A Story by Stephen
"

we need to express ourselves once more!!

"

If you have never seen Moulin Rouge then you are missing out.

There is this woman Satine, she wants success and she wants a man that can further her career. Her concern is with the Duke that is able to provide the money that she needs to be successful.

Then comes along a man that believes in love. He falls in love with, of all people, the one that knows nothing of love. He is chosen as the leader of the "Behomian Revolution" because he believes in truth, beauty and ultimately love.

But the only problem is, he keeps hearing his father's voice which represents the voice of Reason. Reason, which suppresses truth, beauty and love. The voice of Reason is an enemy to Romanticism (the freedom of expression).

Towards the end of the 18th Century there was a movement for the freedom of expression through art work, writing etc......It was the artist and writers attempt to bring out of people the great potential that each had through the symbolic representation of all's desire. They recognized the potential that lie dormant and the greatness that could come of bringing out that jewel in each one of us.

Reason once again has taken rule. Our generation has been suppressed. People do not feel at liberty to express themselves, and feel that if something cannot be explained by Reason then it is not true. We must have another movement of Romanticism, that Reason may not become the tyrant that he is. Reason is afraid because he knows that if people realize they do have their own expression, he shall be overthrown. Then the people shall rule again.

Let us not allow Reason to run tyrannical. Let us give expression back to the people, that the people may once again do extraordinary things through truth, beauty, and love.

© 2015 Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: freedom, loves, truth, beauty, romanticism, love, money

Author

Stephen
Stephen

Pensacola , FL



About
I am very interested in writing. Love to read others writings and really find the meaning within that writing. I love to write to be able to hopefully add meaning to others lives or help them in a tim.. more..

Writing