Our Life Our Clock

Our Life Our Clock

A Story by Stephen
"

The clock that limits the time on our life, what are we going to do with it?

"

The moment we are conceived, our clock begins to tick. We are born into the morning of our lives. We come into a strange and beautiful world. As the minutes pass, we grow. We begin to recognize our parent’s faces and we begin to feel the warmth of their love.  We cry because we know that we can do nothing of ourselves but need the assistance of our parents and know from experience they provide us with our needs. As the morning progresses, we learn to live. We are care free and have no worries in the world. We know all we have to do, is but ask, and we shall receive. We begin to develop our own paradigm, largely influenced by those of our parents. We begin to act out the habits of our parents as well their teachings and we combine the two into our training. We are in the boot camp our lives.

We go to school and we meet new people. We begin to develop relationships and we learn how to interact with others based on our own paradigms. We begin to learn from “Reason” on the one hand and from “Faith” on the other about our existence and then begins the search for meaning from the struggle that comes from both. All the things we have learned up to this point will play a part in the role to come. Are we prepared? For the clock has struck noon.

We are in the day of our youth. We live to have fun, to party, to just be free of the responsibilities of life. We make friends who largely determine who we are and what we do with our youthful years. It may come with advance training in school where we try and further search out the meaning to our lives. Most seem to choose the road of “Reason” for their search for meaning and others, which are far fewer, the road of “Faith”. Whichever we choose, there is a long journey ahead. We find our talents, we find our careers. We get caught up in the fast moving pace of life, get caught up in making mammon, or for the few, live for God.

Before we know it, the dark is falling on the night of our old age. We begin to realize, all we have left that we worked so hard for materially, is useless. We look ahead and we look behind and we just reflect and think. That time is getting close. What did we live life for? Did we gain anything by it? Was it meaningful? Do we now have friends that love us? Do we now have Family that loves us? Are your nights filled with the tears of Heaven over a life poorly spent? Or are your nights filled with the clear sky full of stars representing the important things of life? Did you follow “Reason” or did you follow “Faith”? For the clock has struck Mid-Night and the bell tolls, or does it toll at all? It’s in your hands.

© 2015 Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on January 11, 2015
Last Updated on January 11, 2015
Tags: clock, life, death, love, time, bell, meaning, kind

Author

Stephen
Stephen

Pensacola , FL



About
I am very interested in writing. Love to read others writings and really find the meaning within that writing. I love to write to be able to hopefully add meaning to others lives or help them in a tim.. more..

Writing