A Very Deceptive, Manipulative Force

A Very Deceptive, Manipulative Force

A Story by Stephen
"

Emotions without Mind and Mind without Emotions could land hard into a wall

"

There is a very deceptive, very manipulative force, driving us to do things that we would otherwise not do, if we were in our right mind.

Oftentimes, it has such influence over us that we go into kind of a altered state of consciousness. We do not know the things we have done until we are out of the altered state of consciousness and reflecting on the things done. Our "thinking" brain shuts down and the "reactive" brain kicks in.

Due to a lack of our exercising what separates us from all other creatures, Consciousness, we become no better than the creatures around us. We have a unique ability to "think". To many times we allow the driving force of our "emotions" to take complete control over our "mind" so that we are deceived.

Living by emotions alone creates a reality that is simply a phantom, that when things get real, what we thought was real, vanishes, and reality kicks in. We hit the wall of reality at full speed, and we get knock on our backs. It takes a while to recover from such collision. At this point, our "thinking" brain kicks in to try and make since of all we did while in our altered state of consciousness. The effort to make since of all of it, is tremendous, very exhausting, and can lead to other illnesses, such as anxiety.

Exercising our unique ability to use our minds to "think", will allow us to detect when the "emotions" are about to drive us into an alternate state of consciousness. We can override our feelings, not to do away with feelings all together, for feelings do have their place, but to take our feelings and use our brain to take a step back and analyze the situation we find ourselves in.

If we allow the emotions to take over the wheel and have our mind as our passenger, showing us where to go, then we will avoid collision with the wall of reality. If we only have the mind or emotions taking the wheel with out their respective passenger, then collision with the wall of reality is inevitable that leads to a long road to recovery.

© 2015 Stephen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: wall, mind, emotions, driving, directions, thoughts, control

Author

Stephen
Stephen

Pensacola , FL



About
I am very interested in writing. Love to read others writings and really find the meaning within that writing. I love to write to be able to hopefully add meaning to others lives or help them in a tim.. more..

Writing