Goodbye and Forgiveness

Goodbye and Forgiveness

A Story by Kya
"

I had the idea for this a while back, and it's been stored on my Nook since. Thought I'd share.

"
He couldn't even look at her. Her face was disgusting, unnatural. He hated her. He hated her for leaving him. He hated her for breaking his heart. He hated her for ruining his life.

He walked up to her this time. He didn't look away like he did before. He looked right at her eyes, and even though he knew she didn't care and she wasn't listening, he mustered up his strength and just started talking.

"I wanted to let you know that I loved you."

No response.

He took a breath, and he knew he had to get it all out, or else he'd explode. He needed to deflate slowly, so slowly, or he'd lose it.

"You meant the world to me. And..." He felt the tears sting his eyes. "And you left. And you left so suddenly that... I don't even know what to say. There was no warning, and I wasn't ready, I felt that we were so close, and I don't know if you felt that way."

The tears were rolling slowly down his cheeks. One dripped onto her hand. She didn't wipe it away. He felt people staring, and at this point he wanted to leave, but his feet kept him rooted.

"So even though you're not a part of my life anymore, I still love you, and I have so much I want to say, but I can't. I kept running the speeches over and over in my head, preparing myself for this one moment. And now I can't even put together a damned sentence." He saw someone waiting in the corner of his eye, waiting to speak to her. So he tried to speed it up.

"Please understand, I'm gonna miss you forever. No matter what. And I-" A sob cracked his demeanor. "I just wish I could forget everything. And I don't hate you. It just hurts. It really f*****g hurts."

He bent down and kissed her cold forehead. He turned and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand, stumbling as he walked to the back of the gathering. He didn't stay to see them put her in the ground. He just wanted to go home and sleep, sleep for as long as he could.

© 2013 Kya


Author's Note

Kya
I tried to make the dialogue sound like that of an actual young/man rather than the eloquence and perfect sentences one would find in a story, so the speech is definitely broken and imperfect on purpose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's quite realistic; raw emotion is evident.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So this is the story you told me about on the bus. I love it, I really do. You have a gift for these types of stories, ones where there's always a catch or a twist. I'm glad I got to see it. :D

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 15, 2013

Author

Kya
Kya

VA



Writing
Bittersweet Bittersweet

A Poem by Kya


Nothing Nothing

A Story by Kya


Trypophobia Trypophobia

A Poem by Kya