The Perfect Homemade Red Wine

The Perfect Homemade Red Wine

A Story by OK Reviewer
"

Making wine at home is not too hard. Here is a story about making wine at home.

"
It is an altogether a different experience of making red wine at home. Whether it is white or red wine, the procedure is very simple and straight forward. Anyone can make and enjoy the recipe of wine. Let us prepare around 1 gallon of red wine.

Ingredients


The ingredients you would require for making red wine are easily available in your kitchen. Moreover, this process does not require spending too many bucks.

1. Black Grapes:
The core ingredient of red wine is black grapes. You would require 3.5 pounds of black grapes for preparing 1 gallon of red wine.

2. Sugar:
You would require 3 pounds of clean white sugar.

3. Activated dry yeast:
you can easily find yeast in supermarkets or any grocery store. For 1 gallon of wine you need 0.5 oz of yeast.

4. Whole Wheat:
This ingredient is exceptional. If you find it it’s good. You just require 1.7 oz of whole wheat.

5. Purified water:
You can get purified water in form of packed bottles easily. You would require 0.6 gallons of this.

Kitchenware

1. Two big jars with a tight lid. It should be big enough to hold 3.5 pounds, 3 pounds of sugar, and 0.6 gallons water.

2. A smasher to mash all ingredients uniformly. The smasher should be big enough to reach at the end of the jar.

3. A funnel to pour the liquid safely in the jar. Funnel should fit into the mouth of the jar.

4. A sieve or a clean nylon cloth.

Process

The method of homemade wine is divided into three simple stages.

1. Cleaning and Sterilizing
First of all you need to clean and sterilize the big jar in which you will be preparing red wine. Next, remove stem of the grapes and wash them thoroughly to remove dirt. Also, wash whole wheat, if you are using.

2. Preparing Jar
Put gapes in the cleaned jar and smash them thoroughly using smasher. Ensure you rupture grapes hard enough to squeeze juice from them. Then pour water in the jar. Next, mix yeast with 2 tablespoons of warm water in small bowl and then add this mixture into the jar. Also, add the sugar into jar. Sealed the jar with the lid and keep it air tight. On alternate day, open the jar and stir the mixture in the jar with clean and dry spoon. Keep doing this activity for about 21 days.

3. Final Stage
On 22nd day, filter the mixture in to clean vessel with help of strainer. Cover this vessel with lid and keep it air tight for about a month. After a month, again decant the liquid in jar and cover it and keep aside for next one month.

Keep the mixture in a wine cellar for aging. Install a good wine cooler like WhisperKOOL 2000i in the cellar. After a total of about of three months you will find your pure homemade wine is ready to be served. You can even try the same recipe with cider, blueberries, and any other fruit you like.

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
Added on April 23, 2014
Last Updated on April 23, 2014
Tags: wine, drinks, wine making