Obesity in Pregnancy: Plan Your Activities

Obesity in Pregnancy: Plan Your Activities

A Story by OK Reviewer
"

Obesity during pregnancy is a common problem. In this article you'll learn to reduce the fat gained during pregnancy.

"
Are you overweight? Well, if you are unaware about the procedure; please note that it is the BMI or body mass index that confirms, if your weight is on the higher side than what it expected. To find this out, all you have to do is to calculate your weight in respect to the height and verify the same with BMI list to make sure if you are really overweight or inclined to obesity. Overweight to a higher side is widely known as obesity whilst a good percentage of humans ranging from toddlers, young-men, housewives or elderly are having the problem of obesity throughout the world.


As it comes to pregnant women, the study states that about 15 to 20% of women come under this category. Without saying, obesity has numbers of adverse effects to pregnant women, hence, keep in mind that to defend the wellbeing of you and yours baby, the best way is to cut down the weight prior to your pregnancy. Once you reach the targeted weight, now you make a plan to get conceived. This will lessen the risks related to obesity in pregnancy.

Image courtesy of hin255 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The Reality


Unfortunately enough, many times, what we imagine or look forward to; does not happen in its normal way. And, this is the reason, never become worried for your obesity and pregnancy; because numbers young girls and women are in the same boat. Hence, don’t worry. Once you get pregnant before burning your excess fat, never try to lose your weight during pregnancy because that is completely unsafe.


Meet a Gynecologist and a Dietitian


As you meet the gynecologist, he/she will suggest you to undergo certain precautionary measures like intake of balanced diet, carry on light physical activities and maintain a healthy daily life so as to a control on common risk factors can be managed.  The major management procedures undertaken by physicians to take care of a pregnant woman having obesity is 

  • You will be instructed to undertake gestational diabetes by which physicians can make sure, if you are suffering from high blood sugar level.

  • He refers you to meet any a registered anesthetist who makes an earlier evaluation about the employment of epidural during the delivery time. You tend to be administered with this advanced type of pain reliever due to your excess weight. For women with obesity, most physicians prefer to go for forceps or caesarean section, which is established beneficial for the safety of the mother and her child.

Diet Plan and Workouts

You should intake foods containing sufficient nutrients and other essential ingredients as suggested by a dietitian. As you have an obesity problem, the dietitian will recommend those vegetables, fruits and process of cooking so as to their nutrient value, calorie and taste is maintained. He/she will never suggest you for diet control because this time your growing baby needs sufficient nutrient support from you.

Join a yoga center or gym. Since, you are under pregnancy as well as overweight, the instructor make a personalized workout plan for you enabling you to remain fit. Usually the workouts like free-hand, yoga, walking and swimming are good for you. Continue workouts initially for 15 minutes and later increase it and make it 30-minute sessions. Please remember to take enough rest after workouts. You can opt for the snoogle pillow from Leachco which is the best pregnancy pillow.

Risks for having Excess-Weight in Pregnancy


  • Miscarriage
  • Gestational diabetes

  • Post-caesarean wound infections, especially if the woman is diabetic

  • High blood pressure 

  • Problems with breast-feeding

  • Back pain

Problem for the Baby

  • Birth defects

  • Higher chance to gain obesity or diabetes

  • Stillbirth

Obesity in pregnancy, no doubt carries numbers of risk factors. In many cases, overweight of a woman derives them to become a mother. It is, on the other hand, numbers of women having obesity enjoy happy motherhood. Keep in mind to remain healthy, active and fit, which are the success keys to become a mother.

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014
Tags: pregnancy, obesity, fat




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5