How to Build a Career in Insurance Sales

How to Build a Career in Insurance Sales

A Story by OK Reviewer
"

Insurance sales is a very good job. Here is a guide to build a career in insurance sales.

"

Today insurance sector is a field of great prospects; many candidates are aiming to work as agents in insurance sector. For serving in this field, you need to have college level experience. When you have decided to be a sales agent in insurance field, you must have to find an entry level position in the dales or customer service, at the same time you need to have some skills, for serving in the field another important thing is to understand the basics of the product and quality which the company produces. During the work you need to know to get over the objection that you may face from the clients.


The Requirements for Becoming an agent in Sales Insurance

You can be an agent, after becoming a degree holder from studying the college. After wards you can do participate in the class in different subjects like economics, business or finance, so that you can clearly understand the basics and principles of selling insurance as a product, at the same time you should study psychology. In the USA, there are available many colleges and universities where an insurance agent can go for program which relates with the risk management, it should be studied by a candidate for the assessment of the property value, by attending one can get clear knowledge of theory and analysis of security in the insurance sector of the particular thing for which insurance coverage is given. Follow insurance agent resume sample to make a good resume.


Certification for the Insurance Agents

An agent must possess valid and proper license and certification both for serving in the field, the criteria of license is controlled by the states, it is variable in some cases as per the regulation of some states. An agent has to pass out state level exam after that he has to go through the continuing educational program for keeping himself updated and upgraded with the system of insurance markets. In the USA, The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research also offers various types of industry affiliated certification designations which the insurance agents may obtain to increase their skills or expertness, in the concerned field. The agents may go for attending CIC (Certified Insurance Counselors) program which comprises some important subject’s curriculum, for instance property, health insurance, casualty, and a CSRM (Certified School Risk Manager) program which teaches the candidates about risk management in proper way. In every case all the programs focus on some types of course works and the passing out of the examinations.


The Skills Needed to Be an Efficient Agent

To become an efficient you must have some work skills. You must have to be good listener, you will listen to the clients about their needs and demands, you must be good communicator with interpersonal skills, and you need to be quick and good in judgment. You must have good assessment power and have the capacity to motivate the clients.


Job Outlook

In 2010, according to the report of BLS, the number of insurance sales agents in the country was 411,500; the predicted growth rate is 22% by the period of time from 2010-2020. After the period there will be the job opportunities for more 90,200 insurance sales agents. The average salary of the professional was $63,400 in 2012.

 

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: jobs, sales, insurance