Certified Nursing Assistant Training in Minnesota

Certified Nursing Assistant Training in Minnesota

A Story by OK Reviewer
"

Aspiring candidates can expect an excellent pay package as a certified nursing assistant in the state of Minnesota. There are numerous health care facilities where you can begin nursing practices.

"
In becoming a certified nursing assistant based at Minnesota, you have to undertake CNA training in any of its state approved CNA training curriculum. The department of health of Minnesota requires you to go through a minimum of 75 hours training period inclusive of classroom as well clinical session.

Anoka Technical College
Anoka Technical College is teaching over 2500 nursing students and offers a 4-weeks CNA training program. The public college is situated on west highway of Anoka. In enrolling you in this esteem nursing college, you must be having a high school background or GED and pass through crime background check. Furnishing a proof of vaccination, ID and clearance of an assessment test is mandatory.

The college offers day and evening CNA training programs. The classroom session is organized in its campus while clinical part is arranged in any long-term health care unit. On completion of entire training course, you require to appear in Minnesota state competency test. The course fee is $950.00 for CNA course.

Hennepin Technical College
The nursing college is having two prominent campuses located at Brooklyn Park as well as Eden Prairie and offers CNA training programs in three semesters, in summer, rainy and spring times. Completion of a CNA nursing course will require students to provide one month time. During training program, students are taught on nursing basics, conduct and moral codes of a nurse, patients’ assistance, safety measures and infection control. You need to learn on legal issues involved, documentation process and mental health other than medical terminologies, anatomy and elderly care. To register you have to pay $190.00 for each credit hour.  

Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Minneapolis Community and Technical College’s campus is located at Hennepin Avenue of Minneapolis. It offers you with 5 and 6 credit CNA course while interested students can also go through its 3-credit acute care program.  The 6 credit full term training course will prepare you fit and confident to work in any long term care units, home health care and rehabilitation units apart from any other medical units. It has a huge student capacity, round about 10,000 who are taught and made skilled healthcare professionals. The course fee is $210.00 per credit hour.

Northwest Technical College
Located at Bemidji, the public college is offering full time, 4-credit CNA training to its students. The training course teaches you all necessary activities of a CNA, mental health, elderly care and documentation. Candidates are taught in developing of nursing and communication skill while they are given thorough knowledge on patients’ safety, anatomy and moral code. The course fee is $185.00 per credit hour for certified nursing assistant curriculum.

CNA Salary in Minnesota
According to the available record, it is found that in 2011, state of Minnesota had around 32,000 nursing assistants and CNAs. The professionals are engaged in different health care units in the state of Minnesota. Their average salary is found to be $27,000.00. Bigger companies give bigger salary and you must submit a perfect certified nursing assistant resume.

[Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net]

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on May 7, 2014
Last Updated on July 9, 2014
Tags: cna, nursing, nursing assistant, nurse training, healthcare, minnesota