How to Store Red Wine

How to Store Red Wine

A Story by OK Reviewer
"

Red wine is very delicious but you must store it in proper way to get the maximum taste from it. Here is a guide on storing red wine.

"
To store wine whether it is white or red or sparkling basically we all follow the same fundamental principles. It has been seen that oxygen turns red wine into vinegar, so when the red wine is stored our targets is to reduce the amount of oxygen  when it touches the surface of the red wine level.

We can store red wine either unopened or opened, if the wine bottle is opened, you must re-cork the wine bottle. Next you should keep the wine bottle out of light and store it under room temperature.

You should refrigerator, for using it the chemical process slows down, the process includes oxidation. If you keep the red wine in bottles with cork on it, and keep it in a refrigerator, it may be well kept for 3 to 5 days.


Such Other Conditions for Storing Red Wine
If you wish to store the red wine in a better way, you should follow these norms; keep the bottles upright to minimize the damage by the movement, light etc. The surface area must not be exposed to the oxygen. You should avoid the great change of temperature. Some times you can warm the bottle in Luke warm water,

Never store the red wine by open window because of light exposure. Don’t store up the wine above the temperature of 70 degrees F; never store it in its side as a result of it the surface area increases that causes exposes to oxygen. For storing up red wine you should buy wine preserver, as a preserver Vacuvin wine saver is worth of mentioning.

Such common Facts Related with Red Wine Store
Some common things that we follow are to controlling the temperature, keeping the wine bottles away from sunlight or preserving the wine at a certain level of moisture. The ideal temperature is 45 degrees F and appropriate humidity level is around 70 to 80 percent. Wines must be kept in a cooling condition; UV ray also affects the wines so we should keep it from the effect of UV rays.

Usually, we keep the wines in wine cellar, which we build up following up some stages, the walls are to be cleaned and dried up, and walls are pointed with light color so that lighting reaction on it may become eye soothing, at the same time we need to renovate the floor and ceiling. Insulation system must be applied; it can be done by using foam or plastic sheet wrapping up on the surface.  

An evaporator is set to control the coming out of the moisture in large quantity. For preservation of wine we use a cooling unit. Cooling units are also different types, ductless split cooling system is effective to use, for commercial purpose we use the large sized cooling unit. Read wine cooler reviews if you want to buy one. WhisperKOOL XLT 1600 was a good cooling unit but it is now replaced.

We keep the red wine, white wine, or sparkling wine in rack which is usually made of wrought iron, or oak wood, some time may be made of wine barrel all are nice looking and gives elegance touch to look at. With all these we store up the red wine in a cellar which has beautiful designing in crafts.

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on June 20, 2014
Tags: wine, drinks, wine making