Mechanical Engineering Salary

Mechanical Engineering Salary

A Story by OK Reviewer

In the present world, the importance of mechanical engineering is going up day by day, with the increase of population and its application in various fields, in job market it has secured its position. Mechanical engineering is a versatile field of technology, which combines the other different fields of technical fields. According to the trend of job market, the employment growth rate from this field is 9%, it is also expected that during 2020, there will be a vacancy of 21,000 in American job market.


Factors Determining the Salary
There are some factors which determine the salary of a mechanical engineer. First is the qualification and then the experience. A mechanical engineer may be a bachelor degree holder from technical institute or again he may be a master degree holder, in this case the second one will be preferred, if a mechanical engineer remains engaged in any company or organization he can gather working experience, which helps him to acquire more valuable post in any company further in his career. During the internship many mechanical engineers, gain hand on experience and that is really helpful for their career, even that time they can closely observe the various aspects of their study field. A good mechanical engineering resume can get you higher salary.

Duties of Mechanical Engineering
A mechanical engineer does different types of jobs; in a company, he does the design of mechanical and electromechanical products and systems by developing and going through the testing specifications and procedures. In a system he provides the technical support, in case of installation of machines or assembling the components of various parts of a machine, he takes a leading role, in a setup, he works with a team.

Salary Status of Mechanical engineers
As per the source of human resource and development, the data in July 2014 shows annual mechanical engineer salary is $62,670. Mechanical engineering is the second highest field where most of the personnel are recruited. As per BLS, median salary of mechanical engineer was $80,580 in 2012, the mechanical engineers who were paid highest amount got $121,530, the less amount that was paid to the mechanical engineers was $52,030, the remarkable fields where the income level is high are, oil and gas extraction, video and audio equipment manufacturing industry. Median salaries vary from $62,000 for HVAC mechanical engineer where it is $67,000 for a project engineer, for a chief mechanical engineer it is more than $109,000 every year.

Skills for a Good Mechanical Engineer
Income is an important factor for a mechanical engineer, for acquiring an engineering degree a candidate should be brilliant, and careful to his studies, but at the same time he needs to have some skills or qualities, he must be obedient, he should be performing within a team as a whole, in the field he should perform hard work, he must be consistent, confident and needs to have zeal for doing better in the future.

The Prospective Fields of Work of Mechanical Engineering
A well educated mechanical engineer can successfully perform in various fields, like oil and gas production, aeronautical field, cement industry, design sector, chemical industries, steel and power sector, IT field, heavy and light machinery sector, and defense and defense based allied sectors.

Conclusion
In the modern world, mechanical engineering is applied in different spheres. It is the second largest employment sector in the field of technology. Many job aspirants are going forward to take up this profession after completing their course.

Image courtesy of Witthaya Phonsawat / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

© 2014 OK Reviewer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014
Tags: engineering, salary