Oh the Sweetest Thing

Oh the Sweetest Thing

A Story by oliver
"

Micheal and Charlotte try to continue their relationship with each other with complications of a disapproving mother, jealous friends and other mishaps.

"

~~~Flashback~~~

 

I followed him down the stairs, out the front door, off the porch and into the pouring rain, frustration building through me with every step I took.

 

He stopped, turned around, leaving good space between us and looked me straight in the eyes.

 

I stared back.

 

He was taking this completely wrong.

 

"Michael, that’s not what I mean, I, me-" I screamed at him.

 

"What do you mean that’s not what you mean. I'm not stupid Charlie. I know exactly what you mean. The girl I fell in love with doesn't feel the same anymore, well if she ever did." he yelled.

 

The tone of his voice startled me.

 

I started to cry.

 

He took a step forward, closes enough to where I could feel his hot breath touching my face, and wiped the tear away.

 

"Mike...that’s not what I mean," I stated again almost un-audible.

 

"Then what do you mean. Do you love me?" he asked, also bringing his voice down.

 

"Yes I do love you," I choked out. "I'm just not ready. If you loved me you'd wait."

 

He pulled me into a hug.

 

"I'm sorry," he whispered. "I got tired of waiting. But I do love you and I'll wait the world if I have to."

 

I looked up at him.

 

He looked sincere.

 

I smiled and kissed him gently.

 

He was taken back a bit but deepened the kiss, but I pulled away.

 

"I'm sorry too," I said. "I think this was our first real fight."

 

"Let’s hope it's our last," he said. "Lets go inside, it's raining, and cold."

 

I laughed, "You just realized that?"

 

He pulled me into another hug but started walking forward towards the door causing me to walk backward.

 

"Yeah I did,” he chuckled.

 

"Dork," I said stopping to give him a quick peck on the lips.

 

~~~End of Flashback~~~

 

It's been four years since out first, and definitely not our last, fight, and we're still together.

 

I guess it's true what they say about high school sweethearts, and that’s what we were.

 

I looked at the sleeping Michael that was next to me, in our queen sized bed that we shared in our normal sized bedroom that was apart of our normal New York apartment.

 

The moonlight coming through the window reflected on his face pointing out details.

 

Like his long, but masculine eyelashes that covered his eye, and the very noticeable dimple he has in his right cheek.

 

All in all, he was extremely handsome.

 

And I was proud to be his girlfriend.

 

The thought of our first fight came back.

 

~~~~~~

 

He wanted to have sex.

 

I wasn't ready, or so I thought.

 

Later that night, we lay on the couch in the basement of his house, watching a movie.

 

He had his arms wrapped around my waist and my body rested on his chest.

 

He planted kisses on my head and neck every once and a while.

 

Once the movie was over, I sat up and looked at him.

 

We looked at each other for a few minutes until I kissed him.

 

He immediately replied and kissed back, leaning forward so I was laying on my back and his upper body was on me.

 

We kissed a little longer, and we new exactly were this was going, but I didn't care.

 

"Are you sure?" he asked softly.

 

"Yeah," I said just as softly.

 

Then  it happened.

 

And I was happy.

 

And waking up in his arms the next morning made it even better.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

I smiled at the thought.

 

I leaned forward and kissed him in the lips.

 

I was surprised that he reacted, which meant that he was awake which meant that he new I was staring....again.

 

Seconds later I pulled away.

 

"You weren't supposed to be awake," I whined.

 

"Oh sorry, how about we start over and make the kiss come sooner,' he suggested jokingly.

 

"You dork," I said even though I wanted to start over, again and again and again.

 

I moved to get up but he quickly put his arms around me preventing me from even moving because I was at least half a foot shorter then him.

 

"No don't leave, you were keeping me warm," he said snuggling his face into my neck.

 

"But we weren't even touching," I laughed.

 

"You’re ruining the point," he said.

 

"Oh, sorry. Okay I'll stay here even if I want to shower but only because I love you," I laughed.

 

He wrapped his arm tighter around me as he sighed with satisfaction.

 

I sighed as well and wrapped my arms around his and fell asleep.

 

 

© 2008 oliver


Author's Note

oliver
okay yes, i know there may be grammer problems but i was in some what of a hurry while writing this. but i doo hope you enjoy and i'll most likely post part two in the next couple days =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww! How sweet! This reminds me of my boyfreind and I... :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. I LOVED this. I'm 17 and have been dating my boyfriend for 2 years now. I would definately call us highschool sweethearts. This story really touched my heart and hit home for me. I especially loved the end, and the way you played up the atmosphere. Very very very well done. I look forward to reading more of your writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's a good sense of attachment and emotion between the characters here. The story still has you guessing at this point about which direction it's going to go, which is always a good thing. I thought the falshback and present section were merged well too. A nice start.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oliver,
I like the story but the dialogue is a bit choppy. It seems a little un-natural. Good other than that though. I would like to read more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was a sweet and engaging story.. There are some grammar issues that can easily be fixed, but otherwise a good beginning to a romance novel..

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2008

Author

oliver
oliver

oberlin



About
my name is olivia. people call me olive, or oliver, or liv, or...well peole call me a lot of different names, i'm 14 (turning 15 in april...YAY) i love writing, even if i'm still an amature at it (or .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..