As long as you live under MY roof, that child will NOT be born!

As long as you live under MY roof, that child will NOT be born!

A Chapter by oliver

Later that night we sat at the dining room table for, yet again, another silent dinner. I still debated amongst myself if I should tell them what had happened; although I'd have to tell eventually because, well, it'd be pretty obvious.
I chewed on the peice of stake that was in my mouth, thinking that if i didn't get it down now, then I wouldn't be able to keep it down at all. Once it was down, I put my fork down and took a sip of my pop. Then I decided it was time.
 "Mom, dad?" I asked, getting both of their attention. It was defineately now or never.
 "Yes?" my mother asked in her sweet voice. Her Voice always sounded sweet; as if she had no other emotion then to be happy.
 "I...I," I stumbled on my words, then felt my nose tingle. All of the sudden I couldn't control myself. Tears started to tream down my cheeks that were probably flushed from my nervousness.
 "Sarah," my father started, "What's wrong?"
 "I'm pregnant!" I finally admitted to them not daring to look at their faces.
At first it was silent; and I thought, okay, not as bad as I thought. But then my fathers voice boomed.
 "WHAT?" he exclaimed in a demanding voice, standing up, knocking his chair back and over while doing so. I shuddered under his gaze. I slowly looked up at him, tears still streaming from my eyes. His face looked as if it would catch fire and second now.
I slowly moved my gaze to my mother. She too had a red face, not not from anger; I could tell by the tears leaking from her honey brown eyes; but from sadness.
 "What did you say?" His voice boomed again, demanding my answer. I gulped down a sob and answered him.
 "I'm pregnant," I said again, in a low voice, now in a silent cry. We all sat there for a moment, not moving, speaking or even looking at each other.
 "What do you have to say for yourself?" My father said, voice loud with anger.
I thought, and thought and thought some more but I couldn't find the words.
 "I don't know!" I cried, looking up at him but not seeing. The tears blured my vision.
 "Then what are you plans to do?" he asked, trying to lower his raging voice.
Again I relpied, "I don't know."
 "Well I'll tell you," he started, "As long as you live under MY roof, that child will NOT be
  born!"
With that he stormed out of the room. I heard his heavy feet stomping up the steps, wincing at each.
I looked at my mother. She was looking down.
 "I'm so sorry mom," I whined to her. Then she started to sob, and stooded up, walked over to me and threw her arms around me.
 "I know honey, I know," she sobbed into my shoulder. "I will help you anyway I can, 
 I promise."
At that point, I truely new that my mother loved me. Loved me like a mother would truely love her daughter.
 "Thank you mom, thank you so much, and I'm so, so sorry for what I've done," I confessed.

 We sat there, just crying on each others shoulders. Telling each other "sorries" and "I love you's". Soon after, I got tired. I told my mother good night and made my way upstairs. I went through my room, straight to my bathroom and turned on the tub, pouring loads of bubble bath in.
 I went back into my room and went to my computer, and went to my playlist and started some music. I walked back to my bathroom, stripping out of my clothes along the way.
 "I think you could make me girl, can make me change my life, I know you could break me girl, take all of me, all of me, oohhhh," I sang along to the song playing.
 I stopped when I caught my reflection. I stared at my belly, and stared at the little lump forming. I put my hand over it, feeling every inch. I was keeping this baby, no matter what may dad thought of me, or what he would do.
 I climbed into the tub, the water burning my skin. I rubbed the bubbles on my arms and chest, and leaned back relaxing; unsure of what would happen next.



© 2008 oliver


Author's Note

oliver
again, sprry for grammar problems (if there are any)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on February 28, 2008


Author

oliver
oliver

oberlin



About
my name is olivia. people call me olive, or oliver, or liv, or...well peole call me a lot of different names, i'm 14 (turning 15 in april...YAY) i love writing, even if i'm still an amature at it (or .. more..

Writing