Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by The Fallen
"

New prologue to start out the book.

"

The king stood on his balcony overlooking the kingdom. The faint distant light began to get closer to the kingdom. He gripped the balcony railing causing his knuckles to turn whiter then they normally were. He looked back at his wife who was humming a lullaby to their new-born daughter. Taking in a deep breath he entered the room.


“They found out sooner then expected.” He stated to his wife. She looked up at him, her red eyes piercing his. Her sweet melody came to a stop.


“So they are coming?” She asked quietly. He nodded and walked past her, his eyebrows knitted together. His wife stood up. She gently placed her daughter into the wooden cradle that sat at the end of their canopy bed. She quickly came to his side, hugging his arm tightly.


“I will rally the troops. I will stop them, they will never have her.” He promised. “Rennalyn, Promise me you will remain here.” He looked down at her, gently brushing her obsidian hair out of her pale face.


“I cannot promise something like that.” She looked at him with a fiery passion in her eyes.


He chuckled heartily, “Let us hope our daughter is not like you. She may cause much trouble.” He said before pressing his lips to Rennalyn's. She tenderly returned the kiss to her beloved husband. He abruptly pulled away and made his way over to the cradle that held their sleeping daughter. “I'll be back...” Whispered Lawrence as he stroked her cheek.


He moved away from the cradle. Locking eyes with his wife he quickly exited the room without another word.


~*~


The wind stirred the black curtains that were swept to the side by the balcony. Rennalyn narrowed her eyes, noticing the strange silence that hung in the air. The sound of the soldiers gathering weapons had now come to a halt. Though she knew there was a guard standing outside of her door she felt alone.


A small light appeared in the dark room. It created a shadow that was cast over the the cradle. The only thing the light did like up was the baby's peaceful face. Rennalyn felt herself stiffen as the light began to form into a well-built, 20 year old looking man with snow white wings sprouting out of his back. His eyes were grey like the sky when a storm was approaching and his hair was a deep navy blue colour.


He swiftly pulled his sword out of his sheath and raised it above his head. Rennalyn instinctively flung herself in front of the cradle, bracing herself for the blow. The sword came down on her, the angels eyes widened as he had just noticed who he was about to hit.


Rennalyn crumpled to the ground, her hand gripped the sword that struck her stomach.


“Y-you....Will never....have her...” She chocked out. She rose her hand, strings of darkness quickly surrounded her arm. She weakly pointed her finger at the angel sending the darkness towards him. He fell to the ground clutching his throat. Darkness began to invade Rennalyn's vision. She began to cough up blood, she looked to her daughter once more. She placed her hand on her child's cheek. “I-I...We aren't angels....But neither are they.....” She said, looking over at the angel who laid on the ground lifeless. “I'll...Guard you...from the other world...” She smiled weakly. “I'll protect you...from him...From Slade...” Her body grew weaker. She heard the door open and distant shouting, but she knew she was to far gone to be saved. She shut her eyes and smiled slightly as the rest of her strength was sucked away from her body.



© 2013 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
Alright, this is the new way to start out the book. I need your thoughts, and many things are changed within the future chapters.
Slade is someone you would do well to remember..
Anyways..
Thoughts please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!! This is really good :D Well done :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow! Intense and heartbreaking!!! Sooo amazing! I feel like I'm reading this book all over again and am very excited now XD

A well-deserved 100/100 :3

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Fallen

10 Years Ago

Thanks!!! :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 31, 2013
Last Updated on August 31, 2013
Tags: Death, Angels, Demons, Rennalyn, Darkness, King, Queen


Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

Canada



About
Hey guys, Thank you for checking out my profile! A couple things you should know about me; I am extremely inactive as I have gotten into university and it is a lot of work. I also have a job so .. more..

Writing
Monotone Monotone

A Story by The Fallen


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by The Fallen