Chapter 2: Aketen

Chapter 2: Aketen

A Chapter by outspoken1234
"

This chapter is from Aketen's point of view he is also in the sister book Stovepipe.

"

As soon as Telgo and Helmlock left I went for a walk around the city. Turns out Telgo was right Shane would've cowered behind him. He had every right to come here. I do wonder how Shane and Olivia are doing.

"Did you hear about the coronation its the perfect opportunity." A voice said.
I hide behind the vending cart.
"Yes we can rid ourselves of the new king and queen. The perfect assassination." The cloaked figure replied.
I started to creep away slowly, but they saw me both the figures looked like they could be related to Helmlock. My heart started pounding and my blood was racing. I took off down the street running for the castle. Both hooded figures were gaining on me. They were right on my heels, I took a sharp left, then a right. I tried to lose them in the streets, but they seem more coordinated with them then I am. I have to get to the castle, the adrenaline rush started to kick in as I passed the black smiths.
"He knows about the plot!!!" The hooded figure screeched.
I made a mental note that the hooded person sounded awfully like a girl.
"Who is he?!?!" The man yelled
Running with all my might I tried to get away. I had to warn Telgo and Helmlock before they struck. The two grabbed at my shirt tearing it in to pieces. I jumped over a water trough and kept running. I turned back long enough to see both figures topple into the water. It wouldn't stop them for long, but just long enough for me to get away. I burst through the castle gate.
"What's wrong son?" A guard asked.
"Where's Telgo's room" I panted inhaling sharply.
He pointed and I was off. I took to rights and flew up the stairs feeling the adrenaline wearing off. I had to keep pushing myself or I would stop to rest and the kingdom did not need a lazy visitor who knew the fate of the king and queen. I ran up another flight of stairs and startled a maid. I muttered a quick sorry and took off again. I made a mental note to apologize properly later to her for the fright. I took a left and another right noticing I reached the end of a hallway with one door. It was a big solid looking oak door. I sprinted up to the door and pounded as loudly as I could manage being only nine years old. I didn't worry about waking anyone up this late because it seemed no one else was on this floor except Helmlock and Telgo's room. I continued banging on the door louder and louder until I heard someone trip and swear like a sailor. I watched Telgo open the door he came out messily put together.
"Telgo what where you doing?" Curiously got the best of me.
" Nothing,... now what is it that you come pounding on my door at midnight?" He asked impatiently.
"There's a plot to kill you and Helmlock, Telgo" I spit it out like it was luke warm water in my mouth.
"By whom?" Telgo rolled his eyes at me.
"I don't f*****g know Telgo do you think I would be pounding on your door in the middle of the night if I did know. For god's sake I am just trying to save your life!"I replied highly pissed off.
"Well come back when you have evidence of who is trying to kill us. That is if there is actually someone trying to kill us. Your still only eight and could make up something like that to try and distract us for attention purposes. When you have evidence I will believe you, but until then you don't need to waste my time on a goose chase that leads to nowhere" Telgo said slamming the oak door hard in my face.
I screamed out as loud as I could "I'm nine now you son of a b***h and fine don't believe me!! I could care less! All you see me is this little freaking kid well I got news for you I am a whole hell lot smarter then you give me credit for!!" I stomped away fuming.
I had to get out before I hurt someone. I had to cool of so I took of to the court yard where a man and woman were sitting talking on the fountain. I sat opposite to them and let the cool water splash my skin. Its always secretly calmed me because its so peaceful and serine. The girl turned around and looked at me.
"Do you need me to help you find your mother? Or father?" She called out.
"Wow I am a f*****g kid to everyone now!!" I stomped away after I gave her the bird and went back to my bed room that Helmlock provided. If he wanted proof of the assassination plot then by god I will give him all the proof in the damn world.


© 2016 outspoken1234


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 20, 2016
Last Updated on April 20, 2016


Author

outspoken1234
outspoken1234

OH



About
I am 19 currently and love to write poetry it helps me think and clear my head and understand my emotions. I want my poetry to help others who might understand or are going through some of the things .. more..

Writing