Reflection

Reflection

A Chapter by Danielle

I chose to write a short story. In my short story a man who is all alone in the world is drawn to a wall. This wall blocks out the rest of the world and no matter how hard he tries he can’t knock it down. Just when he is about to give up trying he sees an owl who comes in from the other side. The owl becomes the man’s only friend and suddenly he is not all alone anymore. The owl and the man go on adventures inside the wall and go to explore. As time goes on the man notices that the wall’s boundary has expanded. Confused on how the wall has magically expanded on its own he tries to knock down the wall again. This time he succeeds and finds out what is on the other side of the wall. He also finds out why it was built in the first place. The site was a little hard to use but I got the hang of it very fast. My only complaint is that I only have an option to write a book. If I want to write a poem I have to put it under the format as a book. Even now as I’m typing this I’m writing it on a google document in order to make sure the formatting is alright. Writing this was a lot of fun because just the idea of writing about a man talking only to an owl for a dozen pages or so is very interesting. I had to figure out how to develop characters without the use of side characters. I had to write many of the pages with the character by himself, alone. It wasn’t hard but it was different from what I was used to writing. Scenery was a big part of the writing. The wall itself changed countless times throughout the story, but the way it changed was different by the end. My favorite part of writing this story was probably writing the wall. The wall is a symbol for boundaries. As the man trusts the owl more and more the wall expands and the boundary gets bigger. As he pushes the owl away it gets smaller and smaller. By the end of the story, the wall is demolished because he has let down his boundaries once and for all. I had a lot of fun writing this and I hope you will enjoy reading this fantastic short story.


© 2020 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Woah! This sounds like it could be adapted into something on TV! The premise sounds great and also, owls are the best. I have a hard time with formatting, too, actually. It's so hard to figure out. I can't wait to see more, because I can tell you put a lot of thought into this. I also really, really like the symbolism of the wall.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The story is out now! You can find it here. https://www.writerscafe.org/writing/owrutskydr21/2488034/

Posted 3 Years Ago


Woah! This sounds like it could be adapted into something on TV! The premise sounds great and also, owls are the best. I have a hard time with formatting, too, actually. It's so hard to figure out. I can't wait to see more, because I can tell you put a lot of thought into this. I also really, really like the symbolism of the wall.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2020
Last Updated on September 18, 2020


Author

Danielle
Danielle

Red Lion, PA



Writing
Reflection Reflection

A Book by Danielle