Definition of Love

Definition of Love

A Chapter by Paige

I am often asked, by myself usually, what love is. Love is something that is undefinable by one person’s brain alone. Love can mean anything to any one person. I have discovered however a way in which I have come to know love. Love is the place in yourself where your soul can smile. It’s not a place to ponder hard life questions or send untrue answers to feed a pulling away from something you need. It’s an absolute hole that only one person fills. Love is the nights you wake up in the middle of the night to a warm bed. A bed warmed by the heat of another that causes your own skin to burn a little warmer, never a cool bed with walls between two people and no way for your souls to speak and play as you dream. Love is that moment unmatched by any other when you look at their face and see them in the most vulnerable state they will ever possess: sleeping. In their sleep they are exploring their soul, dreams and the pieces of your soul you’ve given up to them. They have no worries, nothing weighing on them to alter their ways or attitude this is their full person in a light of innocence. For some, to see the one they love like this is a miracle that invokes tears of bliss or just a glowing in their eyes of sheer love, and to others it is just a beautiful sight to peer upon. Regardless it’s always a special moment and a pivotal one in a relationship and understanding of love. & if you question this soul’s love for you? That too is answered in this moment. As you turn back over in your foggy, sleep induced state because your soul’s pulling you back to a dream it wants to frolic in you feel an arm drape around you and you know the one you love has allowed their purest form of soul to pull you into them and this where you take from their soul and theirs from you. This is where love breeds and flourishes. This is how love is truly made. & your final step is the smile that spreads over your mouth that needed no direction from your mind, because it collected all direction from your heart. This is where your heart does the only thinking you need. This is love my dear friend.



© 2013 Paige


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013
Tags: Defintion of Love, What is Love, Love, Defined


Author

Paige
Paige

Chattanooga, TN



Writing
Missed Passes Missed Passes

A Poem by Paige