Page 9 - 12

Page 9 - 12

A Chapter by Shan

9
“Rudy, did you drag me all the way over the lake?” Lucy trembled, lying on the snowbank half frozen, trying to embrace Rudy.

“You are all wet, too, Rudy. I’m so sorry. I don’t think we will make it,” sobbed Lucy, shivering in the dark.

Footsteps over the snow came closer. Rudy stood up and began to whine with his tail between his legs.

Before Lucy fell into a near-death slumber, she saw Rudy run off.

“Rudy, Rudy, stay, s...,” begged Lucy, drifting into unconsciousness.


10.
A short creature with pointed ears appeared in front of Lucy and in her dream.

“Who are you?” Lucy questioned. “Why did you try to kill me? Where is Rudy?”

The elf fixated on Lucy’s pendant and he enunciated in a human tongue, “I was sent here to stop you, daughter of Lucy and granddaughter of Lucy.”

“Do I know you?” asked Lucy.

“No! Yes... no! Not yet,“ the elf stammered, sounding irritated by all her questions.


11.
“Am I dying?” whimpered Lucy.

“You are. No! Yes, you are. Oh!” the elf said, consumed by the visage of Lucy. “You look just like your mother.”

“My name is Lucifer, the carrier of light,” the elf proclaimed. “Your people have been mining for too long and too far. I have to stop you from discovering our world beneath.”

“Three times I tried and three times I failed,” Lucifer continued. “I can do no more. Now you must carry my burden. You must stop your people before it is too late.”


12.
“Three times?” queried Lucy, gradually fading out of this world and into the next world.

“The explosion, the blizzard, and the cracked ice,” said Lucifer shamefully. He stared at her motionless body.

“Farewell, Lucy. Have a safe journey home,” said Lucifer. “And thanks for the bread and butter. You are as kind as your mother.”

Lucifer vanished from Lucy’s vision.


© 2012 Shan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it would be more powerful if Lucy thwarted or won the dwarf over intentionally. Here is very passive and she is not fully engaged in her defense towards him or her realization of his intentions.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm a little confused here about Lucifer's intentions. He tries to kill her a few times but gives up...,and then a gracious farewell?

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 15, 2012
Last Updated on November 15, 2012


Author

Shan
Shan

port angeles, WA



About
I was trained as an engineer but maybe I should be an artist. I write children's picture book. more..

Writing
Page 1 - 5 Page 1 - 5

A Chapter by Shan


Page 6 - 8 Page 6 - 8

A Chapter by Shan


1 1

A Chapter by Shan