This I Promise You Forever

This I Promise You Forever

A Story by Palm Tree
"

The beginning of a new chapter in my life.

"
As I prepare myself mentally, physically, and emotionally for next Saturday, I find myself looking back in time at my relationship with my soon to be husband. I keep thinking about all of our firsts. The first time I met him, the first time we kissed, the first time he took me flying, and I can't believe how lucky I am to have found my other half. I can't believe that almost six years later, when I look at him I still get butterflies in my stomach. I'm going to end this little note with the only piece of writing that I have ever done, that came straight from my heart and soul... My dearest Matthew, I never knew that I could love someone the way that I love you. You are everything that I could ever want and more, and I fall more in love with you everyday. I continue to learn from you and have become a better person from knowing you. Today in front of our closest friends and family, I vow myself to you as your wife, your friend, and your partner for life. I promise to give you all that I am, and all that I will be. I Promise to be true to you, and to always put you first. I Promise to support you in all that you do and to help make your dreams come true. I Promise to love you and to never take you for granted. I Promise to always make you laugh and to stand by your side through the good times and the bad. I Promise that whatever the future holds for us, I will follow you anywhere and everywhere. Hand in hand, heart to heart. This I Promise you forever.

© 2013 Palm Tree


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope it all worked out for you...

Posted 4 Years Ago


Wow, such sweet sentiments. You are both very lucky.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Promises that make every true heart drop a tear..Simple and sweet

Posted 6 Years Ago


Beautiful soulful endearing well written x

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is really sweet! I was really touched by your words. The only thing I saw that you could fix is the capital P on "Promise". You should make that lower case.

(sorry, I'm new here and I hope this is how reviews work)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wow!!! such a pure and sweet words from a passionate loving heart.... this is just sweet.... the words felt so true... the promises are heart touching and deeply felt... awesome.... whomever this is for, will feel lucky... full ratings...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Reading this again. I cried. So very beautiful. And you tell me you cannot write.

-Jane

Posted 9 Years Ago


Palm Tree

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sunshine! It still makes me cry too!! :-)
Caradoc

9 Years Ago

You're so very welcome, Moongloom. Always. :D
I came across this sometime ago but at the time was unable to review. It isn't often you read a writing as sincere as this, you can feel the truth in this speaker's voice emanating off the screen, like an ocean mist. You have to be pretty damn jaded, not to feel the love rattling in your bones after reading this.
Thank you for sharing your vision of true love.

Diego

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is so beautiful and obviously straight from your inner being. Very nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

886 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2013
Last Updated on May 25, 2013

Author

Palm Tree
Palm Tree

About
Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.---Charles Dickens. more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


rain rain

A Poem by K.


A walk A walk

A Poem by MichelleClay


Bigot Bigot

A Poem by Muse


The Awakening The Awakening

A Chapter by AmySkye