"Never thought jerks have so much spine"

"Never thought jerks have so much spine"

A Chapter by superpeachmangopie

BABABABABANANA

BA BA BA BABANANA

BANANA NA AHH, POTATO NA AH AH BANANA AH AH

"Aaaaaaarrrrgghhhhhh. What the?!" A frustrated voice of a woman shouted. But my eyes won't budge from their slumber.

TO GA LI NO PO TAH TO NI GAH NI BAH LO BAH NI KAH NO JI GAH~ BA BA BA BABANANA.

Oh, little minions, you are such music to my ears but please stop singing, please.

YO PLANO HU LA PA NO NO TU MA BANANA LIKE A NUPI TALAMOO

BANANA BA BA BABANANA BA BA BA BABANANA

POTATO HO HOOOOOO

"TURN OFF YOUR STUPID ALARM!" The woman is now angry, but still my eyes won't open and my brain won't let my body function so that I can follow her orders.

TO GA LI NO PO TAH TO NI GAH NI BAH LO BAH NI KAH NO JI

"Peachy!" The woman shouted.

I groaned but did not open my eyes. Touching my alarm clock with my eyes close and try to find the button so that I can switch it off, but my hands just touch the cold wooden furniture.

GAH~ BA BA BA BABANANAAAAAAAAA DHISYAAAAAA

The alarm stopped ringing and I forced myself to wake up, I open my eyes but close it again when a ray of sun hit my eyes. That makes me groan.

"What time is it?" I ask with my eyes close. Rubbing it carefully so that my eyeballs will not roll away. Just kidding..

"Time for me to sleep soundly, but your stupid alarm disturbed my precious sleep." A woman said icily, I can feel the deadly glare she gives to me though my eyes are still close.

"Huh?" I stupidly answered with barely open eyes.

A flying object catches my attention that makes me fully open my eyes and dodge away from that object. The object crash 4 centimeters to my left hitting my headboard. My precious minion's alarm clock was shattered. I stare at it with open mouth and wide eyes. Oh, tears threaten my eyes right now, I need you for some dramatic effect. But they are non-existing at this early hour.

"What did you do?" I ask her in despair while I stare at my broken cute alarm clock. No one answered my question. And when I turn around the devil who looks like an angel is now sleeping soundly with a snore. Yes. Embarrassing to admit that a beautiful woman like her, snore, really loud.

My roommate is a brunette with pixie-like hair, piercing green eyes like emerald, a smile to die for with an average 5'4 height. She is a business major which she doesn't like to take, but her parents force her to, though if she could have a choice she will take conservatory of music because she loves music. I sigh and shake my head at her, fully understanding why she do those kind of behavior, like staying out late, dating different man every week or sometime two weeks if the guy is interesting enough and not study so that she can fail, but fate doesn't want her to fail.

I look at my outdated android phone to check the time, past 6. Oh, crap! I'm going to be late on my first class. Ugh. I can't manage that.

I quickly jumped out of bed, grab my robe and towel run to the bathroom and hit the shower. I managed to finish my shower in just 10 minutes, put on some jeans and white V-neck fitted shirt wedge sneakers and comb my hair as fast as I can, put some chap stick, moisturizer, put some vanilla flavored Victoria's secret cologne with a thought that maybe I can be a Victoria's angel. Just kidding. Grab my things, call out to Rose to tell her I'm going to school, she just groaned as a response.

I run down the stairs to the campus when I was halfway through the lawn, I remembered that I have a bicycle so I go back again, running faster this time to get my bicycle. When I get to the Cabot house basement outside every Cabot building where the bike racks are located, I saw Nielle walking to get her bicycle too.

"Hey." I called to her whom she responded with an enthusiastic hello and genuine smile. Nielle, a tall, slim, blonde-haired girl with brown eyes, unbelievably smart but very humble and so talented, she has this immense talent when it comes to arts and video making.

"Are you alright?" Nielle asked the concern is etched in her voice.

I frown and nod. She smile and said, "Your hair is in disarray and you're wearing your jacket in reverse."

I look at my clothes and laugh when I see that I'm really wearing my jacket in reverse, I touch my hair to fix it a bit and smile at Nielle, she just chuckle and unlock her bike.

I unlock my bike too and say to her, "I'm running late that's why."

She laugh a little louder this time but she quickly fixed herself and look at me apologetically while containing her laugh, "You are not running late it is just 6:30 a.m." she answered timidly.

"What? Ba-but in my clock it is already..." I said while I check the time on my phone and mentally slap myself "...6:30 a.m." I said in a defeated voice.

"You are stressing yourself Peach. Loosen up." Nielle said in a soft voice. I just laugh and shake my head at my stupidity. We both ride our bicycles in a moderate speed enjoying the cold wind of the morning; I see some students jogging around and some stretching to prepare their body.

I mentally hoped that I can get to see Dylan jogging around this time, which is not likely to happen because he lives in a different house. I sigh with my own frustrated hopeful attempt to see a just a glimpse of him this morning.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Nielle said with a knowing smile which cut me off my reverie.

I just snort at her and smile a bit. "You know? If you keep on stalking him, he'll never notice you." Nielle said.

"I'm not stalking him--I'm admiring him from afar. There is a huge difference between that." I argued while rolling my eyes.

She laughs, then shakes her head "If you say so." She said while chuckling.

"Hey. I'll be going." She said while she pedals towards her building.

In just a minute, I'll arrive in our building. I can see from a distance, students walking up the stairs to enter the building, some laughing, and some dragging themselves- the unwillingness to go to school this Monday morning.

The college is busy today for the annual search for the next Mr. and Ms. Harvard College, which I'm not fond of. The departments must be busy right now preparing the costumes for later. I arrive at the bicycle parking lot and safely lock my bike in my usual spot. The lot is near the massive field of Harvard, big trees are everywhere, a perfect spot for lovers to date or students to study. Some play some games whenever the weather is good.

I take my time leisurely towards the building entrance I still have 15 minutes before my class starts, my books are becoming heavier every step of the stairs I take, I see some of my classmates in other subjects and some former classmates that I forgot the name and the subject which we become classmates.

I flip through my books to find the book for my first subject, Cognitive Psychology, my favorite one and the subject I know I can smoothly get a flashing A+, Professor De Castro is one of a kind professor who teaches in simple way that her students understand and at the same time fully uses her time and the capacity of her students to go beyond their limits.

My field of concentration (as my Ivy League school calls it) is Psychology; I chose this field as a preparation for Medical school but actually I'm supposed to take Chemical and Physical Biology but change my mind and took Psychology which I regret later on because Dylan takes Chemical and Physical Biology as his field of concentration. The chance of getting to see him often and the chance of being his classmate in some subjects are more likely to happen. But Psychology is an interesting field so I swallow the regrets and look at it in a different perspective.

I enter the halls of the buildings and breathe in its exotic historical interior design and that makes me feel at home. "If you keep on doing that, people will think that you are insane." A man's voice echoes through the hall.

I look around and see Leandrew smiling cheekily from ear-to-ear. "Shut up," I exclaimed with an arrogant smile.

Leandrew is my skinny gay friend, he is half-Laotian and half-Chinese, but he is a U.S citizen grew up and sprout in the beautiful land of Illinois and luckily he passed the entrance exam of Harvard, he is one of the people I know who doesn't study but still get good grades. Genius is the right word. But that is not unusual in Harvard, students should be a genius so that they can be accepted.

"You are one hell of a crazy woman. Stop daydreaming about him. It'll give you accident." Leandrew teased me with a knowing smile--his dark-brown eyes are shining with mischief.

"Girl, I'm not undressing him in my mind. I'm just enjoying the exotic beauty of our campus." I said to him in a factual voice.

He just laughs and I know he doesn't believe me. He nudge my arm, I raised my eyebrow at him as a response, he points his mouth in my 3:00, I saw a handsome man, with a well-built body wearing a beige button-down shirt, khaki pants, and boat shoes. Hot, but not as hot as Dylan. He has dark-brown hair and light eyes from a distance, but I'm not sure if it is blue or gray. He has a tall physique and serious face as if he owns every problem in the world.

"Yum." Leandrew whispered in my ears. I chuckle and nod my head to agree with him.

I ignore the man and continue walking towards our classroom, students are buzzing on the hallway, cramming for their upcoming quizzes or long tests, some utter some words like they are memorizing maybe they have a graded recitation today with some terror-I-don't-give-high-grades-if-you-don't-work-for-it-professor-so-hard-you'll-cry-blood.

We finally arrive in our room which is two doors away from the end section of Hall D--I sigh when I get there and slumped down in my seat. "Someday I'll say thank you to the inventor of hovering machines," I exclaimed to Leandrew he just ignore me and keep on reading the chapter he has been reading since we started walking to class together.

"We both know your mind is not on that chapter Leandrew. Stop fooling yourself." I sarcastically say to him.

He looks at me, in a deadpan serious face and roll his eyes like he usually does in an annoying way. "Eeew." I utter in disgust.

Someone laughs behind me. When I turn around my eyes went wide when I see the hot man laughing at us. I frown and involuntarily taps Leandrew's shoulder to tell him that the hot guy have the same class with us.

He just brushed me off and ignores me. "Leandrew." I whispered.

"What?!" He said annoyed.

"Look." I said in a whimpering voice. When he looks at the source of my frustration his jaw dropped and stares at the guy with the dreamy-surprised look.

"Damn. He is hot." A woman's boyish voice chirped in. I know that voice that it is Camille. She is my friend since freshman year, she is a redhead, standing on a 5'4 height, blue-green wide eyes like Amanda Seyfried and a cool demeanor, and she is full of swag as they call her. Yes, she is almost a Barbie-doll in the making except for her boyish persona.

"He surely is." Leandrew said in a dreamy voice.

"But he is not as hot as Dylan." I commented. Staring at him for a good amount of time before turning around to fix my things that we need for this class.

"Not? But you stare at him like he is something to eat? Yeah, you are right he is not hot." Camille commented in a teasing and sarcastic manner.

I turn my head at Camille who is still looking at the guy, I chuckle and shake my head with the thoughts that are now running in my mind. "I'm still a woman. Give me a break." I defended myself.

"Are you done checking me out?" The man asked with an arrogant look on his face he smiles at us cockily.

What a jerk?! Wow. Never thought jerks have so much spine.

"Thank you for the compliment, Miss?" He said while smirking at me. S**t. Did I just say that out loud?

The two devils beside me laugh subtly while my face is now the same color as our school's color. Crimson. I bit my lip and look around. I can see Lianne covers her mouth to silence her laugh and the other students in the room are oblivious to what is happening. I look at him with a frown while still biting my lower lip but his demeanor changed, his eyes are now serious and molten gray. Damn his eyes are gray. Oh, Mr. Grey.

He turns around and get back in his seat. Weird. What is wrong with him?I just shake the thought away, I turn my head at the whiteboard at the exact moment Professor De Castro enters the room. She greets us with her usual cheerful and gay voice before she proceeds with the lesson about memory. The time passes by and I haven't realized that it is already the end of our discussion for that day.

The hot guy passes us by with a blur without looking at us or acknowledging us.

"He is weird." Lianne commented on his leaving figure.

"You just verbalize my thoughts, girl." I said to Lianne while my head is busy thinking of the reason why he acted like that. I shake my head to dismiss his weird attitude.

Lianne chuckled and grabs her stuff--her raven-hair is long and wavy that cascades down her back, she has a piercing light-blue eyes and small lips that are really attractive especially when she smiles. Lianne is definitely a head turner, but she is oblivious when it comes to that, I don't know why, but I have a theory that she is already eyeing someone though she doesn't tell us who.

We walk out of the room and I separate from them to go to my next class, Evolutionary Psychology. The most boring subject of all, not because of the subject, but because of the professor who almost outdated the old building on our campus, he talks like he is half-awake-half-asleep which I cannot blame because he is already old and nearing retirement.

I flip through my book in that subject to refresh my memory of our past lesson, because he loves to do recap. I'm busy reading that I didn't notice that a man is blocking my way. I accidentally bump at his muscled back that makes me touch my forehead with a groan because of the force. His expensive perfume is filling my nose.

"Aw." I groaned while rubbing my forehead.

"Oh, s**t." The man exclaimed.

"Sorry." The man utter in sincerity. I cannot see his face because my eyes are staring at flying stars. Stars everywhere early in the morning.

"It's alright. I'm alright." I said to him while I frown, trying to reduce the pain. When my eyes are fully capable of seeing and I'm sure that there are no stars anymore, I look at him which made me drop my jaw in shock.

"Are you sure?" the man asked, concern evident in his voice.

Slack-jawed, I nod with wide eyes and try to mentally calm myself.

Dylan. And then, everything went black.



© 2015 superpeachmangopie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 8, 2015
Last Updated on August 8, 2015


Author

superpeachmangopie
superpeachmangopie

Manila, N/A, Philippines



About
Hey! I'm Peachy. I'm petite but pretty. Haha. Just kidding. See it for yourself. I love to read, it is my stress reliever. My temptation and everything. I guess I want to write, but I don't thi.. more..

Writing