delayed realisation

delayed realisation

A Poem by nigrum homonculus
"

this one is about my dad who has CHD. everytime he gets angry he is in danger of having a heart attack and i didn't know until he actually sat me down and told me. a big guilt trip.

"

It’s funny how much fighting can do to a person. Worsen their condition of grim mortality. The hourglass favours the young and the calm, none of which we were and now look what we have done? Not a day goes by without aggressive interaction but knowing that is of essence is too much of a distraction. Distressed and demoralized, this is hard to comprehend; the defences begin to falter to the imminent loss of a friend. Weakened by verbal attacks, the hearts health began to retract. This is the consequence of domestic warfare, thought to be a myth of ignorant legend and now there’s a steep price for the blatant negligence. No more will there be conflict; no more will the hate be apparent. But for what reason? It’s that hate that will make me lose a parent. 

© 2012 nigrum homonculus


Author's Note

nigrum homonculus
the focus on this wasn't grammar so if there's mistakes just ignore it. i try to keep it spoken word, so if it doesn't flow as well as you think it can feel free to tell :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012

Author

nigrum homonculus
nigrum homonculus

london, surrey, United Kingdom



About
i have been away from this place for.....lord knows, something like 3-4 years? so i guess all the things i have experienced in that time have to come out somehow you know? so here we are. you're readi.. more..

Writing