the touch of a pedal

the touch of a pedal

A Chapter by Leonie
"

This is the first chapter of my book

"

     It almost felt like touching a wizards stone, nothing was quit like it. The rose had appeared to Vala before, but only now had she had the chance to actually touch it, feel it's power. Vala was alone, no one was round, the little pond in front of her was peaceful. The wind swept through her wavy black hair, and the reflection in the pond seemed beautiful. Vala knew that she wasn't beautiful, she'd heard it over and over again, she believed it with all her heart. Her Grand-mother had tried to convince her that every human was beautiful in their own way. Vala didn't believe her.

     She decided to leave. What else was she supposed to do. She could've waited for everyone else to come, but no one would' ve even known was even there. It had always been like that. It had gotten to the point where She felt more confortable being alone in the woods. " Hey iri, wait up!" Okay, so maybe there was one person that would miss her, it was her best friend Falih. He was samrt, and luck seemed to always be on his side. She also thought that he was fairly cute. But she would never tell that. " Wait, wait, stop walking so fast iri!" He came running and shouting almost falling out of his shoes. "What?, catch up i'll race you to the tunnel! Last one there has to eat Grandmas cherry Pie!" She started running. Falih hated races, although he won most of them, he felt like it had nothing to do with how fast he was, it was just his luck that made iri ttrip or fall, or even stumble so that he could catch up. Everytime they raced she got hurt in some way, and even though Falih couldn't change anything about he felt bad everytime. of course, Falih won, like everytime. The tunnel was dark on this october afternoon, and it was more scary than ever before, iri didn't know what but something felt wrong.

The tunnel was a deep, dark tunnel. In the village it was strictly known as " the dooming passage." the tunnel led to a world, different than any other. No one had ever dared to enter. Well, no let me rephrase that. people had entered but no one had returned. there was no way of knowing where it led or if the other wold was good or bad.

Failh stood there. Not knowning what to do, the tunnel seemed to almost pull her in. It was taking iri forever to to come. What was taking her so long? "Iri, are you there?" Failh shouted, but nothing came back but the wind, whistling through the bare branches. "Iri", Falih was getting worried, and decided to run looking for her. Where could she be? He ran as fast as he could, trees rushing past him, and wind rushing through his blond hair. Suddenly, he stopped. There was something moving in the woods. "Iri, is that you?" he ran into the woods, and towards the growling noise. What he saw was shocking. Never had his "Luck" brought it this far. There wasa huge bear, and then, there was Iri. Lying next to the bear. Lifeless. Falih ran, and out of anger threw rocks and sticks at the bear "You stupid beast!" he screamed. What had his luck done to him. He had practically killed his best friend. In the confusion, he decided to hide iri deep in the woods.

He cried for days. he wanted to have Iri back, why, why had he even agreed to racing? No one noticed that iri was gone. But he did. As the days passed, and the moon changed from balck to silver. He blamed himself for the death of his best friend. There had to be a way to save her.

One day, a day where his anger had once again overtaken the real Falih, he ran into the woods. There was nothing but dark space and he kept running until he could see nothing familiar. Then, there was the Tunnel. Instead of stopping. he kept running. he was completely unaware of his surroundings. It was cold, and the walls of the tunnel were wet. Falih ran for what must have been over two days. he didn't know if it weas night or day. There was a light. Brighter htan anything he was used to. He kept running. He didn't care, he had ruined his life. As he ran towards the light, he saw a faint silloutte of a building.  What was coming? he didn't know. Why was it coming? he didn't care.

 



© 2009 Leonie


Author's Note

Leonie
can you see the symbolism in the names?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on November 25, 2009
Last Updated on November 25, 2009


Author

Leonie
Leonie

Columbia, SC



About
Im a girl, i'm 13 years old and i read alot of books. So i decided that wrting my own stories would be just the right thing for me. I enjoy fiction stories, but i also write in a journal which has son.. more..

Writing
the big move the big move

A Story by Leonie