The Invite

The Invite

A Chapter by sky

         Every night I prayed to God I would find love. I asked him for happiness and care towards love. I was unafraid, I thought I knew everything about love. I thought that since I watched "love" on the television, that I was now an expert. Well I was wrong, I knew nothing about real and true love. But then again what is love? What makes a person change and only care about that person? What makes a human being want to be with someone so badly and would give them the world if they could, its complicated this love thing. You think you have to be perfect, and you think that the relationship needs to be flawless. Perfection, is unreal, Its fake. Your partner should love you for you and only you. That is what makes perfection.
         I woke up in my purple sheets, knowing that by tomorrow I will be in my coral sheets. I was Kira Roads, a normal sixteen year old girl. Every year I spend a week in a small town in New Jersey. I spent the time with family and neighbors. I never really needed much until I realized that I needed money. So this summer I made the decision to stay with my aunt all summer and work. I was so happy to go back to the shore and make more memories. I couldn't wait to see the beach again and be able to just walk around in my bikini with nobody telling me not to. I turned on my music and got dressed. I slipped on a tank top and shorts, not really caring about what I wore. I swooped on some mascara and eyeliner and ran downstairs. I knew it was a very long drive so I packed a lunch and put my bags in the car. I had many clothes to bring. My dream was to become a fashion merchandiser. I wanted so much in my life and I told myself that nothing would take that away from me.
        My dad decided to drive me to the shore and he told me that we would probably get there by eight o'clock. He put his lunch and water in the car and we took off. The car ride was silent and very dreary. My father smoked a cigarette most of the time. My father was actually the one who volunteered me to go, so I was quite confused. I tried to start conversations but they all ended very quickly. I was never that close with my dad, I always was in my room doing homework. And now that its summer I feel like he wishes he could just spend time with me, I never really realized that until now.
       It was almost six and my dad decided it was time for dinner. He wanted to go to a diner near the highway so we just went there. It was pretty much empty except for the two families there. My dad sat down near the window and I sat across from him. The waitress took our order very quickly. I got up after she was done and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair. I was never to good at hair so I just had it in a ponytail. I walked out of the restroom and my body slams against another.
       "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention I guess." I said.
       "Its fine. It was my fault for not noticing you walking out." He said.
       I looked up at him and didn't know what to say. I was speechless. He was beautiful. He was brunette and had the most perfect hair. He was taller then me and had the most beautiful blue eyes. All I could do was smile. And then I noticed him walk away, and I lost the smile.
        "Wait! I um, never got your name!" I said.
        "Tom, and yours?" He said with slight confusion on why I wanted his name.
        "Kira, I'm sorry again for bumping into you." I said.
        "Kira, it was a pleasure bumping into you." He smiled and then walked away.
        I don't know what came over me at that moment. It was almost like I was lost in the moment, I didn't see him. I don't know how long he stood there waiting for words to come out of my mouth. I felt weird now that I did that. I walked back to my seat and saw a man at my table talking to my father. I walked a bit faster.
        "Sir, your car outside, the blue ford is smoking. Customers are saying they saw a fire coming out." The man said.
        My father looked out the window and saw out car smoking. He ran to the fire extinguisher and brought it outside. He blew it around not even knowing where the flames were. I went to the sink and filled a bucket full of water, I brought that out and sprayed it on the car. My dad blew the fire extinguisher some more and finally it went out. The whole restaurant was outside watching and I couldn't believe that just happened. My dad didn't know what had caused the fire but then he realized he had left his cigarette in the car. I checked to see if the trunk, where all of my stuff is, was fine. I pulled the trunk open and there it all was safe and sound.
         "Dad, how will we get to the house? The car will never work in time." I said.
         "Kira, I'm sorry but we have to stay at a hotel tonight." He said.
         And then I saw Tom and his mother walk through. He smiled at me and winked.
         "Excuse me sir, I am a friend of your daughters. I used to go to school with her and I was wondering if you would want to spend the night at my house. We have a guest bedroom." He said.
         My father looked at me and said "Uh, I don't know.. I hardly even know you"
         "We were best friends in the sixth grade! Trust me, I practically got him through french class teaching him all of those words." I lied.
         My dad finally agreed. He trusted me, and I felt bad. I knew Tom wanted me to go along with it, and so I did. Now I started to regret it, I thought I hardly even know this guy, what if he steals my stuff? I had so many thoughts but I let them all go. I trusted this Tom guy and I was hoping that he is exactly who I think he is.



© 2014 sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014


Author

sky
sky

Writing
The House The House

A Chapter by sky


So It's True So It's True

A Chapter by sky